• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Access to "Editorial use only" Metadata via Adobe Stock API

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently working on a project that involves integrating Adobe Stock assets, and I need clarification regarding the Adobe Stock API's capabilities. Specifically, I'm interested in understanding whether it's possible to access metadata that indicates if an asset is designated for "Editorial Use Only." This feature is crucial for our workflow, as we need to ensure that the assets we use comply with the relevant licensing terms.My research so far has not yielded clear information on whether the Adobe Stock API provides this specific type of metadata. If it does, could you please guide me on how to access it?
 Additionally, if there are any specific API endpoints or parameters that I should be aware of for this purpose, that information would be greatly appreciated.Thank you in advance for your assistance and insights.

TOPICS
Stock API

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

@Abambo is correct. There is metadata that identifies these assets, but there should be no need for this because Editorial assets are hidden from the API search. The only way you could accidentally license such an asset is if you manually entered the ID. Assets for editorial use are a tiny fragment of overall images. There are over 350M images available on Stock, and less than 1% of those are for Editorial use. 

However, if you are concerned you might have an Editorial image, you can use the F

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would guess, that inside of the metadata, the editorial use only if coded, otherwise the Adobe website would not be able to display that. It should also be possible to filter those assets out, so that they do not show up in your query. Let's see if @Christopher at Adobe has a more qualified answer to this.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Abambo is correct. There is metadata that identifies these assets, but there should be no need for this because Editorial assets are hidden from the API search. The only way you could accidentally license such an asset is if you manually entered the ID. Assets for editorial use are a tiny fragment of overall images. There are over 350M images available on Stock, and less than 1% of those are for Editorial use. 

However, if you are concerned you might have an Editorial image, you can use the Files API with the result columns "is_editorial" and "is_illustrative." See below.

Is this for an Enterprise customer?

https://stock.adobe.io/Rest/Media/1/Files?locale=en-US&ids=693225215,346308958&result_columns%5B%5D=...

{
  "files": [
    {
      "is_editorial": false,
      "is_illustrative": true
    },
    {
      "is_editorial": false,
      "is_illustrative": false
    }
  ]
}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started