• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Accidentally licensing unwanted images

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While perusing images for a potential campaign, and in an effort to save previews of those images to my library, I accidentally licensed 8 images. After 3 images, I realized I was hitting the wrong link, and thought I corrected my process. However, upon reviewing my library, I see I inadvertently licensed a bunch of images that I don't want to own.

So I looked through the forum and found several instances of others encountering the same or similar issues. And in most cases that I read, they were credited for their mistakes.

I contacted support via Live Chat and was told that licensed images can not be unlicensed nor can a credit be issued. I understand why licensed images can't be un-licensed, Adobe has no way of knowing if I downloaded the images in the meantime and am using them.  However, there appears to be plenty of evidence to the contrary in the above threads.

My issue is with the process of saving previews versus licensing images. It's far too easy to license an image instead of saving a preview. I have used stock photography sites for many years, and the process isn't new to me. When researching images for a project, one can save images to a directory, and purchase or license them when ready.

I would like to see Adobe Stock address this issue with more user-friendly tools for saving and licensing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Hi Ninthkatie,

As an exception adding 8 image credits to your account so that you can license different images instead.

Hope this helps !

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ninthkatie,

As an exception adding 8 image credits to your account so that you can license different images instead.

Hope this helps !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you kanikas100!

We appreciate the credits. We would however really like to see Adobe address the user issue, so no more Adobe customers experience the same mistake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the points mentioned here are extremely valid, but seem as though they haven't been addressed for years.

I have accidentally licensed an image for a second time now (even though i was being more careful this time round). The first time I had the issue I contacted adobe through chat and was assisted by a lovely representative. Today on the other hand, I received someone who didn't really seem to understand my situation and frustration at all, no matter how many times I explained it, and palmed me off any way they could. The response i received was "the first time was out of good will, but we can't help you again".

I've always had a really positive experience with adobe, and was excited by the idea of adobe stock after hearing about it at the conference this year, but after the chat room customer service representative today, and reading about the inability to address this user issue for quite sometime, I feel quite disappointed. Now i am all out of credits, after accidentally activating mu last one, I feel reluctant to to turn away from other stock websites and invest my money in an adobe stock subscription, with no certainty the issue will ever be addressed.

Ninthkatie, it seems you were very lucky to get your 8 credits back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stacey,

Sorry to hear that you had a poor experience today. Can you please share the image number which you have accidentally licensed so that I can further help you?

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize this thread is old, but – this just happened to me, too.

Though I'm a stock contributor, I'm admittedly new to this; just decided to give it a month's trial about an hour ago. This isn't the best way to begin!

First issue; I couldn't figure out how to save previews or 'favorites' or leave any indication of which ones I liked. So I was simply taking screenshots of possible options, intending to then navigate back to license the ones I chose. (Better than physically writing down numbers!)

Somehow, as I clicked on a thumbnail to take a closer look, I guess the 'license' or 'save' option popped up and suddenly I'd 'licensed' that asset, when all I was trying to do was look at something bigger than a thumbnail.

I'll say – I'm pretty surprised that this mistake was so very easy to make. Shouldn't there be some sort of secondary confirmation to ensure this kind of thing doesn't happen? I did try calling the help line, but it's 10:30pm, so I obviously had no luck there. I haven't downloaded anything and certainly don't want this asset (#169375663) to be one of the precious 10 I'm allotted.

Please help.

Zippy Lomax

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ANNND....even knowing the risk, it just happened AGAIN with #137380452! This is ridiculous – I'm just trying to 'scroll', click thumbnail, preview – not LICENSE! I'm beginning to think this happens ALL THE TIME. How could it not when a slight tap on the wrong part of a thumbnail is enough to BUY it?!

Not impressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zipporah,

Sorry for the delay in response.

I have checked your account details and noticed that two free standard licenses have been added to your account on 1/30/2019.

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just started a month of Adobe Stock about 2h ago and I was looking for the right image. As I was browsing, I am on my IPad so the only way I can scroll now on the page is with the touchscreen. On my new search I wanted to scroll down quickly so I can change the page. I accidentally tapped on an image Licence button. It automatically  licensed. I was shocked how fast that was. I thought okay, maybe a window will pop up with " confirming the license" or something similar, but no. I am very upset because I really need those 10 images which for I payed the month subscription, there are very specific ones and I was spending much time on searching for the best ones.

I really hope for future adobe stock customers this issue will be solved in a way and make the user experience easier and without licensing accidents.

Could I solve this by any chance? The number of the photo is #220644844https://stock.adobe.com/uk/images/man-using-phone-listening-music-traveling-in-train/220644844

Thank you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there...

Almost the exact same thing happened to me on the very first night of my free trial – beyond frustrating!

I called Adobe and expressed my disappointment at how easy it was to 'accidentally license' an asset when all one is trying to do is 'scroll'. As I hadn't actually downloaded the assets I'd erroneously licensed, they were kind enough to return those credits to my account, allowing me the full 10 that are included with the trial. I suggest you do the same! It's worth the minor headache of calling and waiting while they decide.

I know, for me, once I figured out exactly where on the thumbnail not to touch, I haven't encountered this issue again in the 3 months I've been using Adobe Stock. You get used to it!

I hope it works out for you!

Cheers,

Zippy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also managed to accidentally license an image on a company account I have access to via Creative Cloud.  The image ID is

Is there a way this could be remedied so that the company I work with won't have to be charged for an image I did not intend to license?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi E.M.,

Apologies for the delayed response. I've confirmed that the file was licensed and have granted you a replacement license for the image.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there, I've just done the same thing twice, it would be really appreciated if you can help me too? Image id's

Both clicked on the overview of results by mistake. First time with out knowing it would happen, then again even though I knew what it did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2019 Jul 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sign me up to.

On one iPhone I have a favorit button on every image, on the other iPhone it adds it to my licensed collection?!

Could #209320848 be removed from my account t?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi iGudi,

Since it would not be possible to remove a license from your account, I have added a replacement license instead.

Hope that helps!

Thanks

Kanika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello KanikaS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am terribly sorry but I have just made the same mistake. I licensed 194500653 by accident. It has not been downloaded. Can you reverse the license please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started