Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Accidently licensed an image FILE #: 99181285

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thumbnails in Adobe Stock include a button to automatically license an item. There is no stop-check for "Are you sure you want to license this item", it just automatically assumes you do.

But, it's a thumbnail--so I meant to click on the thumbnail itself while browsing, and instead caught the edge of the "License" button and was immediately charged.

This is the file #:

FILE #:  99181285

And I don't see how to unlicense it or even to contact Adobe directly to tell them I just did this. I just see a bunch of complaints about this and a customer service rep giving back a credit.

So, there are some changes that need to be made, I think. It's way to easy to do this... 

Elizabeth

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a public forum with "some" Adobe staff participation, use the links below to make a report or request
-for Video & Audio & Animator programs https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/
-https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

This is a public forum, you need the link to Adobe support, not other users
Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link below
-you must also allow 'cookies' in your web browser for this to work
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html for chat or https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html
-click the chat icon at the bottom right of the page to open a chat session
-the chat icon looks like '3 dots inside a circle' at the lower right
-type AGENT into the chat window to connect directly to a person rather than the AI
Do be aware that Adobe's staffing is impacted by the virus, so wait times are long

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I appreciate this response about how to use the links you provided, I found it quite impossible to contact Adobe without posting on a public forum. I also had a hard time even accessing the Adobe Stock forum while inside of my Adobe Stock login and account management without going through Google--and then once I logged in to be able to post, it would refresh and take me to my account page.

Clicking on the link at the bottom "contact Adobe support" refreshed my account page. Clicking on "view past support" let me see a previous ticket from many years ago, and THERE I was able to start a new support ticket which opened a chat window.

The difficulty with simply getting an Adobe person to talk to is a bit silly.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from Creative Cloud services to Adobe Stock. 

Sorry but there is no way to un-license an image.

Please see this topic on how to avoid accidentally licensing a Stock image.  

https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/avoid-accidental-licensing-on-stock-website/td-p/10987662

Nancy O'Shea, Adobe Product User & Community Professional
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This page does not solve the issue that people are having. This page isn't "best practices" to avoid accidental licensing, it just tells you "how" to license.

The issue is that your thumbnails contain a way to immediately license a picture, and the "license" button does not appear until you hover over the thumbnail.

Until ADOBE removes that button or gives us a pop-up window asking "are you sure?" you will continue to have users trying to view the picture and instead clicking on the "license" button.

This is not a user error, this is poor website design.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Gizillustrations,

We cannot unlicense an asset once licensed. I have verified that you have licensed asset id 99181285 and have granted you a replacement license. Please delete asset from any downloads or library at your end.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I had the exact same issue as the original poster. The two images I accidentally licenced are #325350396 and #325506067. I also realized they are not a file type I was looking for. Would it be possible to replace my credits for these images?

Cheers,

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello bssim10683540,

I have verified that you have licensed assets #325350396 and #325506067 and have granted you 2 replacement license. Please delete asset from any downloads or library at your end.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started