• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe is a propagandist

New Here ,
May 20, 2023 May 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why is it, when I search for images using the key word "American" I get almost exclusively "people of color"?

I noticed this last year, and it remains true.

Adobe has politicized its search algorhytm.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from enterprise and teams>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the real, and very simple, reason is that when Contributors upload images of black people, they include the title and/or keywords "African American"; however when they upload caucasians, they don't tag them "white american". They probably don't identify them as American at all...

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps.

But if you scroll through the “featured” images you have the same problem. Very few people who are not “POC/“BIPOC” et al.

This is *exactly* what Elon Musk calls “the woke mind virus” at work. Your images reflect what cognitive psychologists call a “selection bias”. They reflect the attitudes of “woke” creatives who dominate silicon valley.

Not representative of the population.

Fuel for woke propaganda.

(I teach critical thinking.)

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and you think this is important?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are not "my images"; I am not an Adobe employee, and have no idea how Adobe's search engines work in terms of locating images that match the entered search words. To the best of my knowledge, they simply respond to the keywords entered, though preference is given to previously sold images. If you're seeing BIPOC people it's because these images have been selling on Adobe Stock. Is that Adobe's fault, or a reflection of what Stock Buyers are licensing?

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I strongly agree with @Jill_C.  A second guess, maybe even combined with @Jill_C's assumption: it's simply that the search results as shown result in sales.

And as a European, I find your discussion points utterly inappropriate. I agree with @kglad, it is not relevant. If you do not get the results you expect, change your search string or change your expectations.

(Where do you teach critical thinking?)

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started