• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe's Definition of Distribution

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does adobe define "distribution" as it pertains to Adobe Stock licenses?  My company uses Creative Cloud and Adobe Stock for content creation and our digital asset management system is Cloudinary which feeds assets primarily to our website.  We are most certainly not distributing assets licensed fromAdobe Stock, but obviously they are sitting on our webpages and in Cloudinary with accessible links given that the purpose of licensing the assets is to use them in this way.  Do we need to concern ourselves with the possibility/probability that our end users can end up downloading these assets?

TOPICS
Licensing , Terms of use

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

You would almost never use the downloaded images directly on a web site. You would reduce them to a suitable size. I'm not sure what Cloudinary is, but if would be a publicly accessible image database, that sounds like distribution to me, but I'm not a lawyer. You may need to talk to an IP lawyer; we non-Adobe people can't offer legal advice, and Adobe staff are forbidden from doing so.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

If you are publishing a size optimized asset on your website, then you are in the scope of stock asset use. If you feed the full size image to a database, that can be used also for other aims, then you may be outside of the legal use. You need to read the licensing terms, and if you do not come to a conclusion, you need to consult your IP lawyer. It is difficult to tell you, if your application is in- or outside of the legal scope, if we do not completly understand how your tools work.

Look he

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would almost never use the downloaded images directly on a web site. You would reduce them to a suitable size. I'm not sure what Cloudinary is, but if would be a publicly accessible image database, that sounds like distribution to me, but I'm not a lawyer. You may need to talk to an IP lawyer; we non-Adobe people can't offer legal advice, and Adobe staff are forbidden from doing so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are publishing a size optimized asset on your website, then you are in the scope of stock asset use. If you feed the full size image to a database, that can be used also for other aims, then you may be outside of the legal use. You need to read the licensing terms, and if you do not come to a conclusion, you need to consult your IP lawyer. It is difficult to tell you, if your application is in- or outside of the legal scope, if we do not completly understand how your tools work.

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based on reading and interpreting the licence terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I cannot rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started