• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Stock AI/EPS opens as jpeg

Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not the first time that I download an image offered in AI/EPS but in reality is a jpeg. 

Really annoyed. It was obviously created in Illustrator but is not editable as a vector graphic, therefore useless. Adobe should not allow this, author should specify in which format this image will download, not how it was created.  Waste of my time and money. Can we please tighten up these rules? I'm attaching the latest image which this happened. 

Abambo_0-1658246255925.png

[Moderator moved the thread to the correct forum]

TOPICS
Licensing , Plans and purchase , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you look under the preview file, you should see a section that says "file type." If it is a vector it will say "AI/EPS" or "SVG" there. What is the file number you are referencing?

It's important to note that Adobe Stock contributors operate independently and can upload their content in the format they prefer which includes .jpg as on option for illustrations and graphics such as the one you have shared. It's best to confirm the format before purchasing a license to use the image. 

Kind regards,

-Mat Hayward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mat, yes, everytime I download I look into 'file type', and just download if it says 'ai/eps'. I don't remember which file I was referring now as it's been a while, but it happened a few times that it said that but was a jpg. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to have the correct setting to download the vector file.

Abambo_0-1658246147970.png

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I selected the correct setting as per your image, and had the exact same problem as OP. This is a clear issue that needs dealing with,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the asset?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AdobeStock_226352562.ai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AdobeStock_226352562.ai

By @Beth24504836npxe

Did you license the asset, or did you just download the preview?

Work's fine for me:

Abambo_0-1687980756540.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I licenced it, when you open it is it an editable layered file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Forget it, I just hit the 're-dowload for free' button and this time it was layered. No idea what happened the first time. Thanks for your quick responses as they nudged me to persist!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started