Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Adobe Stock Images as ingame cosmetics

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder about the use of Adobe Stock images as cosmetic items.

I want to use some tileable patterns as gear skins for a video game. (e.g. this image )
The pattern would appear on the player gear (e.g. helmet) 
The player can select the pattern from a list of different textures. They can select the scale, rotation, and condition of the application.

Scale and rotation do what it says on the tin, it sets the texture at 1/4 predefined scales, and rotation sets the pattern's angle. Condition sets a mask that controls scratches and scuff marks on the gear.

What kind of license would I need to be allowed to use the image for this purpose?
If I acquire a team subscription that allows 10 images a month, do I need anything more to be allowed to do this?
If I need additional images can I use the credits from a credit pack? Do I need to spend additional credits when buying the images?

TOPICS
Licensing, Terms of use

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Look into the licensing terms for your specific use. And consult your IP lawyer.

License information and Terms of use | Adobe Stock

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based reading and interpreting the licence terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I cannot rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee)

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started