• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Stock license

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost every stock website has basically the same license for *standard use* but adobe is worded a little differently. I want to use a stock image on packaging for our product, as background artwork on a label. Can I use the standard license?  I always understood this as a standard license as long as it doesn't exceed being  reproduced 500,000.  I also want to use the stock image on a sign in a store to sell our product, is that a standard license?

TOPICS
Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Q1: Is the stock image providing the primary value for your product? A: No → standard licence as long as the run is less than 500k. (As stated quite like this in the licence terms).

Q2: Yes. You don't sell the posters as a merchandized item, so yes, this is a standard licence.

The licence of every stock assets provider is worded differently. If not, one copied from the other, I suppose.

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based on reading and interpreting the licence terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I cannot rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started