• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Stock licenses.

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to frame the stock image and sell it.

Can I use this as a standard license?

TOPICS
Download , Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

To do this, you need an extended license.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

The license terms make it very clear that you are not allowed to use a standard license for your project, but only the extended license:

https://stock.adobe.com/license-terms

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To do this, you need an extended license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marianna - I'm trying to find info on this also.... It says in the terms of extended license - "For Resale"... If I'm making say - a mug - to sell directly, thru Etsy or something simliar - can I sell them with the regular license.... And only use extended license for the mug, If I'm producing a bunch of them for Amazon to sell. or to put on store shelves for them to sell. 

In other words... "Resale" - is the key word in the extended license that I'm hung up on.

Me selling directly - Standard

Me selling to Amazon/store for them to sell (Resale) - Extended license. 

I'm kind of confused. Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The license terms make it very clear that you are not allowed to use a standard license for your project, but only the extended license:

https://stock.adobe.com/license-terms

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to be confused.  @Marianne-Deiters is correct. Merchandizing...extended license.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Framing a stock image? If that means using a print, frame it., that means you need an extended license as @Marianne-Deiters said.

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based on reading and interpreting the licence terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I cannot rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee).. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Abambo and Marianne Deiters, @Abambo @Marianne-Deiters 

For reselling the image in a frame you need the extended license, that part is clear to me.
But i still have a question.

Can is use the images like this below:

"If you get the standard license and it doesn't sell, you have purchased the correct license because it was never made into a product. If a design sells, just buy the extended license before you ship."
"

It follows their rules. The standard license allows for editorial use. Displaying an image on a website is editorial use. The extended license is for commercial products."

I just want to know if this is true. Would love to hear from you
Thanks in advance,
Greets,
Silvo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me make this clear: Neither Marianne nor I am lawyers in the matter. But both of us think, that the licensing terms are not that difficult to understand:

• Merchandising, posters, t-shirts, prints above a certain run … → extended licence.
  • Other use → standard licence.

Editorial use is a special use, not every website use is editorial use. Editorial use is if you need a picture for your blog, to illustrate your article. In that case, special rules apply, and you could also use assets that are branded for editorial use only.

If you are using an asset for an advertising campaign or similar, that is not editorial use.

This said:

In my layman opinion, if you don't sell the asset printed on the poster (as an example), it may well be possible, that you are OK with a standard licence. However, before you make the sale, you will need to acquire an extended licence.

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based on reading and interpreting the licence terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I cannot rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That clears some thing up,I think i understand now.
Thank you for the fast response and your time! Much apreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started