• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Stock reverts to French

Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My employeer is based in France, but I am in the US and don't speak French. My Adobe ID is under their account. Every time I open a window/tab for stock.adobe.com the language reverts to French. I can even have one tab open with the region switched to English, and when I open a second tab to stock the second tab is in English. 

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Turns out that the region was set to France, but could be switched to US English by our IT administrator. It was an oversight when setting up the accounts when we switched from the US account to the French. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is by design as you will need to license the assets according to the local rules. However, your case is special. I suggest you take a browser with automatic translation. 

I find it personally troubling that the language and the region are connected. Formerly it was possible to change permanently the region and so the language, but it looks that for legal reasons that is no more possible.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting me know that this isn't not something that can be "fixed."

I suspect this will be a deal breaker and we'll move back to other stock sites. Form the little I've seen there isn't much on Adobe Stock that isn't already on most other stock sites. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's big advantage is probably the tight integration with Creative Cloud software. And as a contributor I can confirm that assets are checked quite stringently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, but the time saved from the intergration is wasted on having to switch the language back on every search. The feature of place without purchasing isn't an advantage because we have an unlimited plan (so I seldom download comps), and almost every images that I use ends up being a Frankenstien's Monster of image parts to fit space and theme. . . I can't use comps for that. 

This seems like a tone deaf idea. How many non-native speaking people are working in other countries? What do they do in a place like Canada where there's a mostly 50/50 split French to English?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to set the region to US at the bottom of the page? That should set the site to English while you navigate. Also you can search in any language whethere the site is in US or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but like I said: if I open an image in a new tab, or close the window and reopen it resets to French. Also, if I'm on an individual image page, and change the region, it resets to the home page. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, I have the same bug/problem. It needs a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Canada can be configured in French or English.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turns out that the region was set to France, but could be switched to US English by our IT administrator. It was an oversight when setting up the accounts when we switched from the US account to the French. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad to hear you found a solution. I did forward your feedback to the product team to take a look at this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate that. With many companies hiring non-native speakers it seems that the user should be able to change the language even if it's not the official language of the region. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a problem and needs a fix...

My adobe stock keeps changing language/location too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Find your region and change it to US. I had to contact the person in our IT department who manages the Adobe account and have them do it, but it works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started