• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Stock subscription, but need invoice for certain assets

Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I love using the Adobe Stock subscription. I do the 10 downloads a month pack, and it works great. But now that it's time to invoice, I need invoices for specific images that I have downloaded. Is there a way to get specific dummy invoices so that I can bill for the 7ish images that I used for a client? Thanks!

TOPICS
Plans and purchase

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

There are no dummy invoices. Why should there be?

Simply bill your client. Where is the problem? You do not need an invoice from Adobe stock to be able to invoice your client.

Charge whatever you concluded with your client.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no dummy invoices. Why should there be?

Simply bill your client. Where is the problem? You do not need an invoice from Adobe stock to be able to invoice your client.

Charge whatever you concluded with your client.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, well I freelance through a publisher and they want to see the invoices for the assets used for their accounting purposes. They have certain stock sites that they use, and I didn't realize that Adobe Stock is not one. Normally they would download the assets on their account so there is no chance for me to upcharge them. In this case, they are asking for the receipts for the specific assets used. I think I'll just have to eat the cost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You shouldn't have to eat the cost. It is a little more work for you to create the invoice, you can find invoice samples online, come up with a format and do the math. You know what your subscription charge is, average it per asset and you should charge them for your labor to find and license the assets-- this should be in your service fees anyway. It's worth it to you to do the legwork on this because you're certain to have this come up again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response! I misspoke. They want to see receipts listing the specific assets I purchased. Because the subscription receipts just says "10 assets," it's not clear enough for their purposes. It's dumb, I know. I just won't use Adobe Stock for their projects. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And working with the book publishers that I do, it's a flat fee for each book. I don't even get to limit the amount of revisions. Publishing is a weird industry!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And working with the book publishers that I do, it's a flat fee for each book. I don't even get to limit the amount of revisions. Publishing is a weird industry!

By @teresam84254216

At some point, it won't be worth working for them any more. You should try to find other customers too. They will drop you as soon as they have someone working for free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should really get them either to accept your invoice (I do not know what their problem with this is, except to annoy you) or they should buy the needed images. I do not know what's their concern, but basic economics should tell them.

I wouldn't use any service that they don't agree in advance to pay for. When they are using a different service, they should give you access to that service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started