• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Stock System Error

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am nearly beyond words right now, but not quite so please excuse the long rant.

For a recent video job I need to use two clips on Adobe Stock. I purchased the first clip with no problem. When I tried to purchase the second clip I get text that tells me my order can't be completed, and that there's a server error, and to wait a few minutes and try again. Fair enough. I do just that. Same problem. So I call customer support and am told to wait 10 minutes between ordering clips, which is a policy to reduce fraud. I think this is strange, because on other services I routinely purchase 60-80 clips for projects and that would take all day, but whatever. I just need this one clip.

After 10 minutes, it still doesn't work, so I call back and they tell me to wait a full 15 to be sure. Still doesn't work. Now they're trying different things and telling me to delete and put my card in again. No success. They're changing things on the backend. No success.

Finally, they tell me to check if my bank has a hold on the purchase, since I don't typically use Adobe Stock. I call my bank, and I find out that not only do I not have a hold, but that each time I have tried to submit the order, it has actually gone through to my bank. My $80 clip was turning into close to a $1000 clip, and all because I was doing exactly what customer support told me to do. I called Adobe to get this figured out, and they did jack all. So now I've got to wait for the merchant junk to sort out which means I'm out that money for potentially a week. In normal times this would be fine, but it's a pandemic and work has been terribly slow, so it puts an enormous squeeze on my personal life and the budget for this particular job that has to be done before I get that money back.

And, after all of that, I still don't have this stupid clip that the client picked out. I even tried again with a totally different card from a different bank account, at the request of Adobe's support again. I use Adobe for all of my media software, for video, illustration, motion graphics, etc. I don't know if I can justify it when this is how their support for customers is set up. I literally don't know what to do and the support staff will not problem solve to help me. Their only suggestions are to keep putting strain on my bank account and still not have the clip.

How do I talk to someone from the company that actually cares? Why is this so hard for a company that makes as much as Adobe does? Right now my best option is to talk my client into using a different clip from a different website. That's my best option. Because Adobe literally has had no answers.

TOPICS
Account management , Download , Plans and purchase , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

@Alek0101 I am sorry you are having this issue. It is unfortunate that your purchases are not going through. You will only be charged for successful purchases and you will receive a confirmation message when your order completes. Please note that the transactions may reach your financial institution but they may not resolve. You will need to talk to your card issuer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Alek0101 I am sorry you are having this issue. It is unfortunate that your purchases are not going through. You will only be charged for successful purchases and you will receive a confirmation message when your order completes. Please note that the transactions may reach your financial institution but they may not resolve. You will need to talk to your card issuer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm aware that at the end of this I will only be charged for what I can download, but I still can't download the clip. That's by far my biggest issue. Everything else is a major annoyance with how Adobe handles their support.

Also, my bank has been very helpful in disuputing the charges on my account that aren't legitimate. They have people on the phone who can problem solve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've solved this problem by using a different stock video service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started