• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ai file downloads as text

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried twice with same (bad) results to download ai file #149729640.

It downloads as text in an unknown language. It makes no difference whether I try to open it in illustrator or place in illustrator or InDesign.

I did see other questions on this and apparently it is a corrupted file, with no fix on my end.

Adobe moderator, if you see this, I would appreciate it if you could credit my Adobe Stock account for this download.

Thank you,

M Spurlock

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Downloads as a great Adobe Illustrator file:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloads as a great Adobe Illustrator file:

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response, Abambo.'

Once I saw your answer, that the file was not corrupt, I had my son open the file and downsave to cs 4 for me. (He has Adobe Cloud) That worked, and I was then able to place into my inDesign file.

I tried to go back to my original post to mark as correct, but couldn't figure it out. Feel free to mark it as answered for me.

Sincerely,

Michelle

Michelle Spurlock

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

michelles68402784  wrote

Once I saw your answer, that the file was not corrupt, I had my son open the file and downsave to cs 4 for me. (He has Adobe Cloud) That worked, and I was then able to place into my inDesign file.

Hi Michelle,

Placing in Indesign works as soon as a PDF preview is included. Unfortunately the preview included with this asset is only the text giving you the instructions in Russian to deal with the missing PDF content:

This is an Adobe® Illustrator® file that was saved without PDF content. To place the file in other applications or open it in them, you must re-save it in Adobe Illustrator with the option "Create PDF-compatible file" enabled. This option is located in the Illustrator Source Format Options dialog box, which is displayed when you save an Adobe Illustrator file using the Save As command.

It would indeed be much more useful to include the PDF content.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started