• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AI-format stock image opens as russian text

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded ai-format adobe stock image #203804824 but when I open it in Illustrator CS5 or Photoshop CS5 it just gives me a page full of Russian text.

image 203804824 in CS5.JPG

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

As a follow-up to this thread I would like to caution other members that this file, although properly licensed, was not compatible with older (CS5 in my case) versions of Adobe software. The FAQs on the Adobe stock site state otherwise. There is no warning on the image licensing page and no readme file included in the download stating compatibility issues. If the file had been saved in a format other than native AI, version control would not have been an issue. Adobe did  finally issue me a cred

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Illustrator this should give you a different error, like that the file has been created with a newer version of Illustrator!

The artwork is missing the embedded PDF so that the file is basically useless for you. With the embedded PDF file you would have at least limited use for the file. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi M.,

I see that in the latest version of Illustrator v. 23.1.1 the preview does show the text but the file opens as expected when licensed.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EBQ -- Thanks for your response, but I do not have the latest version of Illustrator. As I said in my message I have CS5. According to the FAQs on the Adobe Stock site (https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/faq.html -- screen capture below.) I should be able to use a properly purchased image in a CS5 app. If this is not the case, I need to get a refund for the image so I can buy something off another stock image site. How would I go about doing that? Thanks, MimiAdobeStockIssue.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi M.,

I've confirmed that you licensed this file with a credit and granted you a replacement credit.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As a follow-up to this thread I would like to caution other members that this file, although properly licensed, was not compatible with older (CS5 in my case) versions of Adobe software. The FAQs on the Adobe stock site state otherwise. There is no warning on the image licensing page and no readme file included in the download stating compatibility issues. If the file had been saved in a format other than native AI, version control would not have been an issue. Adobe did  finally issue me a credit, but this really should not have taken so much time to sort out. I was unable to get support on the Adobe Stock site either via chat (over an hour) or phone (on hold 20 mintues, finally hung up.) Even on this forum it took 6 days for an Adobe rep to chime in who ignored the version issue and accused me of trying to use an improperly licensed image.  I ended up buying the image in .EPS format on another stock site and opened it right up in AI CS5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started