Are you sure you know what you're doing?

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe stock is maddening to work with.

I work with other stock agencies and it's a simple procedure. However when I upload photos to Adobe my rejection rate is sometimes 90%! That's staggering considering that I have NO problems with Getty / Shutterstock for the SAME PICTURES! 

I've just received a bunch which have been accepted at shutterstock and have been turned down here. Do you know the difference between depth of field and out of focus? I've viewed these pictures at 100% and the focus is where it's supposed to be. 

I understand that at times my photos would need to be worked on but the difference between uploading my stuff here and other agencies is vastly different.

Where are your guidelines Adobe?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without seeing your images, I can't  comment.  The best I can do is state the obvious.  Maybe the other image houses have different criteria.  All submissions should be well-lit, high-quality, properly cropped and distortion-free. But it doesn't stop there.  Good stock images sell because they contain what customers are willing to pay for.  Trends may change but Adobe gathers enough data to know what their customers want today. 

Nancy O'Shea, Adobe Product User & Community Professional
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You really need to upload examples of the rejected images. It will then be easier for people to comment. There are definitely reasons for the rejections. Adobe tend to be a bit more picky when reviewing compare to other stock agencies. They basically accept anything. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thanks for responding to this thread.

This is an example of just a simple well lit shot that was uploaded. It may not be the most jaw dropping shot but would be suitable for a background and helps me practice with adobe. The photo is well lit, no sensor dust and exhibits bokeh. Stuff like this which is the easiest stuff to shoot I think, gets rejected all the time.  

_DSC6075.JPG

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I probably would have rejected that image, too.  I won't pay top dollar for  blurry or bokeh images because I can easily do that myself.  

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is NOT a helpful assesment of the photo. It's simple to take is NOT justification for rejection Nancy. Bokeh is not a reason for a stock agency to reject a photo.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 19, 2019 Oct 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not an agency spokesperson.  I'm a long-time Adobe product user and no stranger to paying top shelf prices for top shelf images.  

Next time you're evaluating images, put yourself in the customer's shoes.  Ask yourself these questions.

1. Would I pay $10 to use this image? (3 standard assets per month for $30/month)
  2. Is the image size, resolution and quality sufficient for professional printing?
  3. Is this image significantly better than the free ones from sites like Unsplash.com? https://unsplash.com/s/photos/bokehI

If you can't answer YES to all 3 questions, it's probably not right for Adobe Stock. See reasons for content rejection below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html

Don't get discouraged because the same image could get a passing grade from another image house.  Just keep shooting & improving your technique.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started