Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Black Friday - Registered Trademark

Enthusiast ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

"Black Friday" is a registered trademark.

https://legal-patent.com/trademark-law/revocation-of-black-friday-trademark-rather-unlikely/

but i see many images with the text "black friday" on stock websites, includig adobe.

is this because of image reviewers don´t know it is a trademark or is it ok to sell such images?

before i start making graphics with "black friday" can someone tell me if this is legal or not and if adobe will accept such images?

thx

TOPICS
General, Licensing, Terms of use

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your interesting and illuminating post. My thoughts are these. Adobe do not police trademark law for you. You assert that you own all rights to the works you submit, and if this turns out not to be true, YOU have accepted responsibility. Yes, Adobe's staff throw out the most obvious things they discover, but they are not experts on every IP rule in the world, and if they miss it, this is your problem, not theirs, and claims for damages could be passed right on to you... So, I suspect that if this is indeed a valid claim, that it is submitted and accepted in error. But since you made this post, you no longer have that luxury. Here is a discussion of the trademark issue -- https://www.bakermckenzie.com/en/insight/publications/2019/11/black-friday

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

well adobe did throw out national flag designs that are not protected.

the only flag that is afaik protected is the flag of panama.

so they are not throwing out the most obvious thing they discover.... they throw out a lot. 🙂

thx for your answer i guess i skip designs with "Black Friday" in it then....

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started