Buyer Beware, you must re-subscribe to use previously purchased credits

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It took me about 5 different Adobe account rep chats to finally get an answer that I must re-subscribe and buy 10 more credits to use the 7 credits I have leftover from earlier this year.

I seems unintuitive to me that I can buy something (7 credits) but not be able to use it unless I buy more. I only need to download 6 images, but now to access the credits I have, I need to buy another month's worth...

Let it hereby be known that I am not a satisfied customer. Boo you, Adobe. Thumbs down.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Leah,

Sorry for the inconvenience you had to face, however, in order to use the previous credits you need to have an active subscription.

We shall definitely share your feedback with our team.

Feel free to update the thread for any other questions.

Thanks

Kanika

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a subscription?

• Unused credits get forfeit when you cancel.
  • When you continue your subscription, unused credits carry over to the next month for up to a year full of credits.

If you have a credit pack:

• Credits run out after a year, so you absolutely must use your credits in a year after purchase.

Above points are part of the terms and conditions you agreed on when taking the subscription or buying the credit pack. That is nothing new and even it is nothing strange to this industry as competitors have similar conditions.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, its in the terms and conditions so you haven't got any comeback as far as I'm aware...

My own personal opinion is, in any scenario, its a very harsh model when you take away unused credit that people have already paid for - people are going to get caught out and will not be happy....

Paul-M, ACP

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Paul-M  wrote

My own personal opinion is, in any scenario, its a very harsh model when you take away unused credit that people have already paid for - people are going to get caught out and will not be happy....

That's correct!

But there are also different other considerations:

• The terms are quite industry standard, at least for the providers I have looked for now.
  • You did not pay specific licenses but the right to choose from the image pool. Licensed images stay and do not fade away even if you cancel your subscription.
  • Users would take a subscription (let's say the 750 picts/month), cancel after a while and would have an available stock of images to choose from for lifetime (including the newly added ones) and the service provider would have the running costs to maintain the system.
ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started