Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Can 'editorial content' be used for my YouTube channel that is NOT yet monetized?

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having trouble locating any solid info on this - I have a YouTube channel (small, under 100 subscribers, not yet monetized). Am I allowed to use any stock images in my videos for my channel, that indicate "editorial use"? If I were monetized and earning money from my videos I would assume it's not allowed, but if I'm not earning money from my videos at this time, am I allowed to use editorial images?? Please clarify, thanks! 🙂

TOPICS
Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not a lawyer, but monetising doesn't seem to be the issue.After all, newspapers monetise their editorial content. "Editorial" is not a magic escape from intellectual property law.. The issue is, would a court of law agree that your proposed use actually is editorial. Don't guess, or look for loopholes. Ask a lawyer.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started