• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I use adobe Stock images for my Book.

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there

I have written a book. I want to add 100 Stock images to 50 Chapters in total. The images (obviously) are somehow connected to the topic. I am not sure if I am allowed to use stock images. 

Also, if I am do I need to acquire the stock images with the extended license?

I have read that it cannot exceed 500.000 copies. Assuming that I do not sell more than 50.000 copies

Is then the standard license enough?

thank you very much in advance!

TOPICS
Licensing , Terms of use

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The question you should ask yourself is if the pictures are a main reason to buy the book. If yes, you will need the extended licence, if no, the standard would be ok. If in doubt, you probably need the extended licence.

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based on reading and interpreting the licence terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I cannot rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started