• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can’t open recently licensed Stock images on illustrator for ipad

Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have illustrator only on my iPad at the moment, and have successfully licensed and opened and used previous Stock images on illustrator for iPad, and can still open those files on illustrator for iPad. I last opened a newly licensed imaige that way maybe a month ago I would guess. However, now I can't open the images that I have newly licensed in the last week or so. I've downloaded them multiple times and tried multiple ways of opening them in illustrator for iPad, but it just says "can't open file". This is two different licensed images so far, but as mentioned I can open old licensed images. What could be the issue?

TOPICS
Libraries , Licensing , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

I was able to finally access the files with the help of support. It turns out they both were of a type (9-slice?) that was not compatible with the iPad app and had to be converted on the computer version of illustrator to be used on the iPad app.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have signed out and back in on both the illustrator app and Adobe stock in case it wasn't recognizing me, but it made no difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also cleared my cache, re signed in and re downloaded, but still didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I try  "open in app" on the licensed image in Stock, it says you can only use that feature if you are signed into Creative Cloud and have the latest version. However, I have also opened up the Creative Cloud app and seem to be logged in there. So it seems likely there's some cross-app validation issue but I can't figure out how to fix it - I seem to be logged in to everything, in fact the licensed images show up in Creative Cloud, but I can't get them to open up in the Illustrator for iPad app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also I checked for updates and don't see any on these apps in the App Store.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the id of the file you can't open?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was able to finally access the files with the help of support. It turns out they both were of a type (9-slice?) that was not compatible with the iPad app and had to be converted on the computer version of illustrator to be used on the iPad app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started