• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't save assets to existing libraries

Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to save assets to existing libraries and I'm unable to create a new library. Currently working on a six month old Mac mini and in a chrome browser – which is where I've consistently and successfully worked with assets before... 

What is the latest on this fix, I don't see anything posted since May 2021?

TOPICS
Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

I just chatted with an agent through support that pointed me to look into my deleted files. All my old files from a project nearly 2 years ago were still sitting in a deleted queue...! I kept looking into 'files' and sync settings, didn't see 'deleted' tab...

Here is the link the agent shared with me: https://helpx.adobe.com/ee/creative-cloud/help/delete-files-permanently.html

This resolved the issue, now saving to new libraries without any problem. Thanks for your help anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Are you able to create a new library here: https://assets.adobe.com/libraries?
  • What was the last file you saved to a library? Does it have any special characters in its name or does it have a lengthy title?
  • Do you have a large number of libraries, more than 1000?
  • Do you have a large number of assets in any single library?
  • If any of the files in your library is named or has a title with an invalid character it will prevent you from adding new items to the library. View the library at the link above. If you don't see anything that stands out try moving or copying recently added files in the affected library to a new library to narrow down the culprit. Unfortunately Windows and Mac have different characters that are acceptable for file naming. What works on one system may not work on the other.

Please update this thread with what you discover. Your feedback can be helpful to others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response - getting back into new projects now and problem still exists. This is quite inconvenient to our workflow...

Answering your questions in order:

No

No

No, less than 500 assets TOTAL, largest library had 80 assets - which I deleted; I THEN deleted a few older libraries around 5-7 years old and still doesn't work

I deleted one library that had an ampersand, then I logged out of Adobe and logged back in a new window. I'm using Chrome, recently updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more thing to check, how much Creative Cloud storage do you have? If you have exceeded your storage you won't be able to add to your libraries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion!

I just ended up down to 30 minute rabbit hole trying to resolve the fact that my cloud storage is full – even though I don't want anything saving to cloud storage??? I understand that my plan comes with 100 GB of Cloud storage but I don't care to utilize it and from what I can understand after a trip down this rabbit hole, there's no way to disable this or 'delete' files from storage in order to remedy THIS problem, per your tip... [the rabbit hole I am referring to involved other posts on the Adobe community forum which seem to confirm the lack of control we have over our own storage...]

If you know how I can remedy my storage being exceeded I would greatly appreciate the advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to remove files from your Creative Cloud folder that is synced to your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think storage is the problem here. As I was investigating this yesterday I figured I wasn't looking in the right place for my files since there was only 5 Photoshop files showing up there that totaled 2MB... I didn't have the time or the energy to confirm whether I was looking in the right place - based on the few other users comments, so I figured if I asked how to remove files I could confirm I was looking in the right place.

With Creative Cloud panel open, I'm clicking on the files tab and all I see are the five Photoshop files totaling 2MB.

So with all of the above troubleshooting confirmed, where do I go from here? I just tried to do a search from the 'stock and marketplace' tab within the creative cloud panel and I'm getting the same error message when I try to save something to my library.

Adobe will be losing business from this project as I can find the same stock video on shutterstock… I'd rather work within my own libraries here, but there's no way for me to start compiling this project without this fundamental simple feature. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I said, I think there's an error on my account. It doesn't make sense to show 175 GB out of 100 GB being used, per the screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That indicates you are over your storage quota. Please go to https://assets.adobe.com and you can delete and download files from Creative Cloud. You may want to review the items in your libraries as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just chatted with an agent through support that pointed me to look into my deleted files. All my old files from a project nearly 2 years ago were still sitting in a deleted queue...! I kept looking into 'files' and sync settings, didn't see 'deleted' tab...

Here is the link the agent shared with me: https://helpx.adobe.com/ee/creative-cloud/help/delete-files-permanently.html

This resolved the issue, now saving to new libraries without any problem. Thanks for your help anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So glad customer care was able to help and thanks for sharing the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Making people join the unworkable, buggy Creative Cloud to manage a feature/storage that they did not request so that the service they pay for will be functional is not really "help"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, I can't save assets to my existing or new libraries.

Deleting permanently my old file didnt help at all and there is no symboles or strange character in any of my name files. So I dunno what I m suppose to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2021 Dec 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Adobe has been aware of this issue for months, and I posted about this issue too. Please fix ASAP.

I cannot create libraries from the Adobe Stock website. I cannot add Adobe Stock photos to my library. This is terrible and wasted hours so far... and being here takes away further from my productivity. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem too and it is not because of too many images - I am unable to create any new library.

The "support" person said 'this is the solution' and gave me a link to a post from last year full of other Adobe Stock customers with the same issue, unresolved. 

I prefer the images on Adobe to those on iStock but I have to say, their "boards" work brilliantly. I can create as many as I want, share with team members and create mini-project boards. I don't know why Adobe think people have time to sit arounds being served useless "solutions" by them - it is insulting.

This feature should be a priority fix for them and the fact it is obviously not makes me think they're not really investing in Adobe Stock or customer service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additionally I did see the suggestion about creative cloud - i don't use creative cloud and I don't want to have to create an account to use that cluttered interface - which always downloads a whole heap of crud onto my desktop - just to delete items i did not ask to be stored in the cloud. To enable a non-needed feature without the customer's consent and then make it so their usability is diminished if they don't manage this non-requested feature is a pretty dud move. 

Not only that, it doesn't work  - I'm told i cannot log into CC as I don't have an account but when I go to join, i says I already have an account. So that is broken too. If someone with actual insight into how this company works could let us know if they intend to maintain Adobe Stock in the future and offer legit usability/support, it would be helpful. I am off to try and finish my project on iStock. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But thanks for the other non-requested feature - a Library item I don't want, which is empty and which I cannot delete - it's called Adobe Color. 

Seriously, this is really slack and insulting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did manage to log into Creative Cloud and I deleted everything on there. 

It still says I am over quota and yes I cleared the cache. 

The libraries on my actual account are now empty - every image I saved is gone.

I still cannot create a new library. 

I've lost multiple images I intended to buy or look into using in the future.

I just upgraded my account but if this is not going to be fixed, I would like to cancel and refund.

The workaround - and this is pathetic - is that I would have to screenshot the images I like and have my own little folder of them to share via email. Thanks for wasting my time, insulting me with pathetic non-solutions and forcing me to delete my entire libraries to date in a hopeless attempt to work a basic feature - new question: now that i have zero images in libraries, why does it say I am over quota? Shameless grab for money or just a buggy feature because making Adobe Stock usable for customers is not a priority. Both? That would be great - money gouge and make it unworkable. How do i cancel and get a refund?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you sign into https://assets.adobe.com/ Check not only Your libraries but also Your Files. If you are over in your storage this will prevent you from creating new libraries or adding content to libraries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About the library I aggree with you its a pain and they should have repair that over a year ago, but about CC I dont understand what you mean. I have been using CC for about 2 years and it never install anything on my desktop or create any clutter. It is just a loggin interface for all you adobe products, nothing more. 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please don't post to multiple threads. I've answered your question in your standalone post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, I can't save assets to my existing or new libraries.

This problem should have been fix over a year ago, dunno what they are doing.

Deleting permanently my old file didnt help at all and there is no symboles or strange character in any of my name files. I also dont have too many images in one library. So I dunno what I m suppose to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started