Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cancel Adobe Stock anual plan

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I have had an Adobe Stock membership since last year, which I used very little, and paid a lot of money for.

After a year, when I wanted to cancel the plan, they offered three free months, which I took, since I considered that I will make use of my remaining 120 stock images during that time.

Sadly, this did not happen, and I did not receive any notification that the three months were ending, so the anual (monthly paid) subscription got enabled again, on August 7th.

Now I really want to cancel this one, but this time it will take a tax of 200$ if I cancel at this time, which I really want to avoid, especially since I am not using this service at all.

Can someone help understand if there is a way to get this cancelling fee refunded? It is less than 14 days since the renewal of the plan, so I hope I could get this cancelled once and for all, without loosing that much money.

Thank you!

TOPICS
Plans and purchase

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

After a year, when I wanted to cancel the plan, they offered three free months, which I took (...)

By @Denisse5C6D

You always need to know that such offers are designed to keep you as a paying customer. If you want to cancel, you need to cancel the moment you can cancel.

The 14 days grace period is only for starting the subscription, not for an annual renewal. There is no official way to get an early termination fee waiver (which is 50% of the remaining due). You can always try to negotiate

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a year, when I wanted to cancel the plan, they offered three free months, which I took (...)

By @Denisse5C6D

You always need to know that such offers are designed to keep you as a paying customer. If you want to cancel, you need to cancel the moment you can cancel.

The 14 days grace period is only for starting the subscription, not for an annual renewal. There is no official way to get an early termination fee waiver (which is 50% of the remaining due). You can always try to negotiate with Adobe customer care. Adobe customer care can be contacted by beginning a secure chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen. If the chat window fails to open, or is non-responsive, use a different device to start the interaction.

(see also here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11875703 or here
https://community.adobe.com/t5/account-payment-plan/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11843852)

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abambo thank you for your reply,

Browsing to the customer care page, this doesn't give me any option to start a chat with Adobe support, but takes me to help pages again, where I can browse, with still no sign of any customer chat option (I uploaded screenshots as well).

It might be that this option is not available in Switzerland.

I found the Adobe phone contact page instead: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It might be that this option is not available in Switzerland.

By @Denisse5C6D

That's available anywhere in the world. My link directly opens the chat window, except if you have a blocker installed. That's why I have included the follow-up sentence. If the chat window fails to open, or is non-responsive, use a different device to start the interaction. A private/incognito browser could also solve the problem.

The phone option is also OK, if it is a local communication for you. But I, personally, prefer the chat because I keep as this a written proof of what is the outcome of my communication.

Good luck.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started