Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Cancel Stock - Keep Credits

Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wanting to cancel my Adobe Stock, but I currently have 23 unused images. When contacting customer support, I was told if I cancel my subscription I lose my credits. I do not want to continue a subscription as it is not something I can maintain at this time. However, I paid for the credits currently on my account, so it doesn't seem right that I would lose them. Please advise.

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018
Ayrika,I understand your concern, however, I would request you to download the assets before cancelling the Stock subscription since it will keep all your assets in your license history even after the cancellation of the subscription.Also, if you cancel your subscription without downloading the assets the remaining assets will be forfeited. For more information, you may also refer to Common Questions about plans, purchasing, and availability, Adobe Stock RegardsTwarita

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ayrika,

Thanks for reaching out to the Stock team. You will need to download your remaining 23 assets prior to cancelling your Stock subscription, as the assets which are downloaded remains in your license history.

After downloading your assets, if you wish to cancel your subscription, please refer to the help document below to understand the workflow:

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/kb/cancel-membership-subscription-stock.html

Hope this information helps!

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards

Twarita

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find this extremely disappointing. I paid over $60 for those assets. As mentioned before, I can no longer sustain the subscription. Stripping me of images I paid for is not what I expected from Adobe. For me to go and randomly select 23 images is also a waste, as I have no idea what I will need in the future. I still have a subscription with Creative Cloud, surely I should be able to maintain the assets. Is there any possibility of being credited for the unused assets?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ayrika,

I understand your concern, however, I would request you to download the assets before cancelling the Stock subscription since it will keep all your assets in your license history even after the cancellation of the subscription.

Also, if you cancel your subscription without downloading the assets the remaining assets will be forfeited.

For more information, you may also refer to Common Questions about plans, purchasing, and availability, Adobe Stock

Regards

Twarita

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is completely unacceptable. Adobe is scamming customer by taking away something they have already paid for as a bully tactic to prevent them from leaving. And don't try the terms of service argument. People paid for this products and to take them away because we don't pay is quite simply stealing.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a scam. I've used Adobe for many years and its caveats like this that motivates me wanting to find a different vector editing software.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tell me about it. I pay $30 a month and I currently have accumulated 83 credits. Obviously I'm not using these credits fast enough.  I have invested almost $300 dollars and you're telling to download 83 random images. Put yourself in the consumer's shoes, does that even make sense? We need a real practical solution not a company standard response. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have to agree that this is indeed a misstep on behalf of Adobe. To paint an even clearer picture, I have gone through this in the past where I had to have my subscription briefly cut off because I couldn't afford it for a month. When that happened, my credits disappeared and NO ONE mentioned that the credits I already received would go away. Needless to say, I was frustrated & upset when I returned back to the plan & started paying again.

To make matters worse, I've still been subscribed over the last year. Truth be told, you all have just been draining money out of my wallet based on fear of losing the credits I've already gained. While I have found great use cases for the assets I've downloaded here & there, I generally use less than the credits I receive.

Knowing that I am about to cancel my plan, I had to start downloading random images — which, like Ayrika stated, is absurd because I have NO idea what my future use cases are going to be!! To make matters worse, when I started doing this just a couple of days ago, my credits amounted to 76! I am at 44 now. Not only do I have to take much unnecessary time out of my day to now go & select images that I feel would be even slightly relevant to what I may be doing in the future, but I also have to do this all before I cancel my plan & get charged again!!

If you all were going to be this finicky about usable credits, you should be reimbursing your users for credits we didn't use if WE CAN'T KEEP WHAT WE PAID FOR ALREADY.

It almost feels like an elaborate bait & switch tactic. The fact that this problem was brought to you all's attention as far back as February of this year, shows me that it is not your priority to change it. I have been an Adobe user for a LONG time. Discovered it around Photoshop 7. I still have an Adobe CC Suite subscription. However, if you all are disregarding real concerns like this that your users are having — that I think could be resolved quite easily — then I may very well be looking to switch to another design service altogether. I will sacrifice having to go through a completely new learning curve & getting acclimated with new software just so that I can emphasize the lack of care & consideration you all have in this regard to your Adobe Stock subscribers.

I hear Affinity by Serif is looking quite nice right about now, and I'm becoming more & more willing to try them out. Plus, there's plenty other unique & innovative stock photography sites out there, some even free, that I can utilize instead of Adobe Stock.

Should one of you take up the challenge to respond to this lament, I hope it's done with REAL consideration & seeks to resolve the problem this causes for ALL of your users, not just me.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a cash grab on behalf of Adobe. I tried to cancel today and they would only allow me to have 3 months free to Stock in order to download the 120 credits that I have. I have been a member for over 2 years and don't want to lose the credits that I have paid for. However, I will be canceling and leaving negative customer reviews wherever possible. This is almost criminal to do that rather than allow you to keep your credits up to a point or X number of credits after you've cancelled your membership. If I didn't use the CC so damned often, I would probably cancel it as well.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Completely agree. I'm in the same situation. I can't use them and am accumulating them every month. I guess we're all stuck between throwing away money or investing more. I would think a company like Adobe would know that it's better to allow someone to leave and hopefully come back than to turn them against adobe for good. A reasonable solution to me would be to allow people access to their accumulated images for 1 year before they lose them. There are a lot of solutions out there for images. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same situation here. I found completely inadmissible what Adobe is doing here.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am disappointed in this policy as well. I will no longer seek out assets through Stock with the policy as is. You would think that Adobe would have a better grasp of how its members would use the service and respect the credits that are purchased. Projects often do not facilitate a time expiration despite not needing more images for an additional month or more.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is honestly the most messed up thing Adobe does from a list of truly messed up things. Essentially they are robbing us, taking our money and not giving us what we paid for. They couch it in legal terms that you probably didn't catch when you signed up, then they intentionally make it difficult to cancel your subscription by hiding the steps needed to complete cancellation. After all of that they take your credits because you didn't use them in time. That's theft, and it's beyond f#*@ed up.  I want to not use swear words, but that's really the only way to describe it, messed up, jacked up all of those don't really describe just how wrong this is.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

paulg16086075  wrote

This is honestly the most messed up thing Adobe does from a list of truly messed up things. Essentially they are robbing us, taking our money and not giving us what we paid for. They couch it in legal terms that you probably didn't catch when you signed up (...)

No couch in legal terms...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing. I finally just download a bunch of random images I might use and canceled. Adobe has turned into seedy bait and switch. It might be "legal" but that does not make it right.

The dribble in the fine print that Adobe hope does not change anything ethically. People are paying for these assets and adobe is stealing them when they cancel. Never going back to adobe stock, it's past time for them to see the consequences of their sneaky tactics.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abombo, how is this helpful? Does it make you feel smart to make someone else feel less? Is it easier for you to be a jerk and not emphasize with thousands of people who have the same problem?  It doesn't make you smart, it makes you a douche. No matter how you cut the terms of service it's theft, you are not getting a product you paid for.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is Adobe's entire intent is really to take advantage of it's customers. Most don't need 10 images a month, but there's no 3 image a month add one. The goal is to get $30 more a month knowing they won't have to give the payer or the stock image maker anything in return because they know that we will not use the images before they expire but be reluctant to cancel and lose what we already paid for.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gs55194921  wrote

The problem is Adobe's entire intent is really to take advantage of it's customers. Most don't need 10 images a month, but there's no 3 image a month add one.

There is in the month to month plans a 3 pictures...

And you can buy credits...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

paulg16086075  wrote

Abombo, how is this helpful? Does it make you feel smart to make someone else feel less?

You made a claim, I proved you wrong. This is for the people reading this after you are long gone.

paulg16086075  wrote

Is it easier for you to be a jerk and not emphasize with thousands of people who have the same problem?  It doesn't make you smart, it makes you a ******.

Please keep it professional.

It's not a problem. It's a fact. And you will find much more people posting a complain. That does not mean that a majority of users are complaining.

No matter how you cut the terms of service it's theft, you are not getting a product you paid for.

FYI: Theft - Wikipedia​ - you are paying for a service according to the terms you agreed too. You can be unhappy with the situation, you can say that it is not in favor of the customer, but you cannot claim any illegal operation.

It is sure that you would love to keep those 120 credits in your account, but it is a commercial decision from Adobe that you will loose them if you stop paying. I understand that you are unhappy with this. But it was not hidden from you when you took your subscription.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what they did to me...I had saved 110 credits for over a year. I've been paying for the subscription on my personal Adobe account. My company has also been paying monthly for Adobe Stock. Adobe transferred my personal account to the team account without my consent or company's consent...and my 110 assets disappeared. When I called to ask what happened, they said that I initiated the transfer of my account and I can't have my assets, but I can have a refund (if I had never have called, I wouldn't have been given the refund). They will not give me back my assets even though there has never been a lapse in payment. So can somebody please explain to me why I can't have my 110 assets back, but I can have a refund?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

contact Adobe : Contact Customer Care . Tell them to reestablish the situation as before. You can take a new subscription and the agent can credit you you back whatever you had in image credits. For an early termination fee if any, you can have a refund.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am 37 deep and haven't needed them as much lately... Found this out and super bummed. I have a project coming up where I may need 10 images... my client is going to LOVE me because I am going to burn up as many as I can and find another service next time I need stock.  Lame.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Conditions are similar on other stock sites...so be careful to read through them.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very unpleasant suprise for me, as well. I initially purchased several images for projects and then learned about the Stock subscription. Since I was accumulating image credits fast than I was using them (over 100 accummulated), I decided to cancel my Stock subscription to save money unitl I used up my credits. Just learning now that the moment I cancelled the Stock subscription I lost all of those image credits!!! What??? Very unhappy camper, here!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It‘s part of the 10 lines terms and conditions. You can‘t claim this to come by a surprise.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started