Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Cancellation of Adobe Stock

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not agree to an annual stock subscription!!

I am a completely new customer to Adobe and was given a free sample month of Stock for signing up to Adobe Cloud.

Now it seems Adobe wants to charge me a massive cancellation fee, even though I have downloaded no stock images. Nor have I used or downloaded any images.

I have no choice but to go to the forums as there is no customer support I can speak to.

In short, I would just like to stick to my annual deal for CreativeCloud without Stock.

Can somebody help, or do I have to refer this to the consumer affairs authority in Switzerland?

I feel like I have been unfairly trapped into purchasing images I simply do not need. 150 CHF is an outrageous amount for a service I do not wish to use.

Is this the first impression Adobe would like to give to a new customer?

Thank you in anticipation of your assistance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019
Well, first of all, I'm sorry that you feel trapped. But to be honest, you did agree on an annual contract for probably 10 images per month and with the first month free. If you would have cancelled the stock subscription 14 days after the first month, you would have been reimbursed.Now what I suggest you to do, is to Contact Customer Care , explain your case and negotiate your head out of that contract. That could be possible, if you do not wait to long after the first month endedI don't know i...

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

Did you cancel before your free-trial month was up?

If not, then by the terms you agreed to, you would be paying for the service starting with the second month on an annual membership... That's how the free month works:

Adobe Stock 30-day trial - Get 10 Stock images free.

In any event, did you try canceling the service via Adobe's online page?

Cancel your Adobe Stock membership

It wouldn't be Adobe's fault if you signed up but didn't utilize the service in the first free month (or at all), would it?

Or if you changed your mind after signing up, but didn't cancel before the charge happened in the second month?

You can always try contacting Adobe directly to see if that helps:

Contact Customer Care

[Moving to Adobe Stock forum.]

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, first of all, I'm sorry that you feel trapped.

But to be honest, you did agree on an annual contract for probably 10 images per month and with the first month free. If you would have cancelled the stock subscription 14 days after the first month, you would have been reimbursed.

Now what I suggest you to do, is to Contact Customer Care , explain your case and negotiate your head out of that contract. That could be possible, if you do not wait to long after the first month ended

I don't know in what language you checked your subscription, but the terminology is crystal clear.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started