• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot save asset to Favorites

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We used to have the ability to add our favorites (not yet purchased) to named libraries for later consideration. I have folders full of images for various usage (products, styles, etc.). Now I'm getting a "This asset needs to be licensed before it can be saved to a library." message when I try to favorite anything. 

Why did Adobe change this? It's very annoying and screws up my workflow. Why can we no longer add assets for later consideration into specifically named folders? I don't want to put everything under one generic "Favorites" folder. Incredibly annoying.

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Because this is a template you cannot save it in this way. As a workaround you could create a bookmark or favorite in your browser for this file.

Most files you can save a preview, it has never been allowed for templates.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tracyp...,

Can you please provide the asset ID of the file you are trying to add as a favorite? I think I know why this is happening but would need to check the file.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the ID is 300407723.

https://stock.adobe.com/templates/aquarium-poster-layout-with-pink-and-blue-jellyfish/300407723?prev...

This was just one that I tried to add. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is a template. Templates and 3D assets cannot be downloaded as previews.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I want to do is Favorite it, to add it to a list to remember that it exists and to potentially license it later. There doesn't seem to be a way to do that, which seems inefficient of Adobe Stock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because this is a template you cannot save it in this way. As a workaround you could create a bookmark or favorite in your browser for this file.

Most files you can save a preview, it has never been allowed for templates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm totally agree with Tracyp

It's incredible, we have to be able to compare images before buying the license.

All stock-image shops allows to bookmark in a library your favorite images! this is the only way to find the better image we need... comparing.

I can't work like that!

Is that point is a work in process for adobe ?

thanks,

Fanny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"This file must be licensed before it can be saved in a library"

>> but it should be necessary to save at least the preview of the file (or the link to buy it later)  and to be able to compare and choose...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Locking this conversation as this post has already been answered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started