• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Charged Twice for Stock Images???

Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My supervisor contacted me asking about a charge made to our Adobe Stock Account for a stock image that was licensed in 2022 for a Halloween Project between myself and other department designers. It showed up as if it had been licensed on JAN 03 2023 when that is NOT the case. (especially not at 8PM)

Please assist with this issue as I do not understand why this has happened. Or remove it so it doesn't happen again?

stock charges.png

TOPICS
Libraries , Licensing , Plans and purchase , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

The downloaded assets cannot be removed from the license history. No subscription quota was used to license these assets. These assets were licensed via Creative Cloud Express, note the license type is listed as Limited. Is it possible that you were signed into Creative Cloud Express under your team subscription instead of your personal subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

I was told by my supervisor that the files - licensed on the 3rd - were above the allowed credit balance and it raised some concerns. She recalled the OCT 2022 date where the team got together and grabbed a few spooky/scary images for the season. Again I just wish there was some way to track down or explain why these images were licensed/credited on 01/03. 

By @glorianne.lucas

Your supervisor is wrong. As soon as you have an Adobe Express Premium subscription (included in a Creative Cloud all

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The downloaded assets cannot be removed from the license history. No subscription quota was used to license these assets. These assets were licensed via Creative Cloud Express, note the license type is listed as Limited. Is it possible that you were signed into Creative Cloud Express under your team subscription instead of your personal subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recall that in OCT 2022 some designers and I collected some images and video for a project we were working on (in celebration of the season) and it was at a cost of 1 credit (our allowance is 1 credit per image unless its been pre-approved by our supervisor). If you look at the screenshot you'll notice that it's showing as being licensed on the 3rd of THIS year and month at 8PM. I was told it cost us 240 credits which is why I was asked about it. 

What's done is done, I just want to know WHY this happened and how we can prevent it from happening again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@glorianne.lucas, I don't know what to say regarding the day these three assets were licensed. I've confirmed that none of these cost 240 plan credits. Again they were licensed through Creative Cloud/Adobe Express, is it possible someone recently opened the related file and committed the project so that the files were licensed?

This is what I've pulled from the org record regarding these three assets which coincides with the license history you shared:

EvilBugQueen1_0-1674062289239.png
Regarding using 240 plan credits I don't even see anything recently licensed by the team that cost that many plan credits.  If your administrator has questions about licensing our customer care team can provide additional assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its entirely possible that someone opened the related files but it wasn't me - on 01/03/2022 I was in the office all day doing revisions - never even opened Adobe Stock or Cloud. My shift also ends at 3PM EST so I have no idea why the date stamps would show any activity passed that time. 

I was told by my supervisor that the files - licensed on the 3rd - were above the allowed credit balance and it raised some concerns. She recalled the OCT 2022 date where the team got together and grabbed a few spooky/scary images for the season. Again I just wish there was some way to track down or explain why these images were licensed/credited on 01/03. 

I apologize for seeming like a nag on this - I just want to avoid this from ever happening again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would request your supervisor explain that further because these assets are included in the Creative Cloud subscription when licensed via Adobe Express. They have only been licensed one time. There is no "hit" on the plan credit quota/balance for these assets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By @glorianne.lucas

Your supervisor is wrong. As soon as you have an Adobe Express Premium subscription (included in a Creative Cloud all apps subscription) you have access to standard stock assets, included in your plan. Those assets do not draw from your allocated credits. Assets get licenced without formalities. 

Abambo_0-1674133481091.png

Premium assets are marked by a crown to differentiate them from free assets:

Abambo_1-1674137768439.png

In no case, 240 credits get deduced from your quota. It does cost 0 credits.

The 240 credits may be a video you licenced for your project you mentioned in your initial post.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have been the most helpful in this matter. I sent a screenshot of your post to my supervisor and it seems to have quelled their concerns. MY only remaining concern is why the files looked like they were licensed in 01/03/2023 when my team and I got them in OCT 2022. Either way, thank you so much for this information! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

MY only remaining concern is why the files looked like they were licensed in 01/03/2023 when my team and I got them in OCT 2022. Either way, thank you so much for this information! 

By @glorianne.lucas

That I can't answer. I only know that the assets I licence are correctly accounted for in date and time.

What is also important for you to know is that anything you licence and that has a standard licence draws only one credit point (exception for Adobe Express, where you get a special limited licence). Only other element, notably videos and premium assets and extended licences, are costing more credits or even generate directly additional costs. Anything that draws more than one credit generates a dialogue, asking you if you really want to licence that.

So, it is not possible to licence more than a one credit item, without a warning. Your team should know that because every so often, we get so many warnings, that we only click through.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started