• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Checkerboard in Vektor-File instead of transparent background?

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ Adobe Stock!

I licensed this file https://stock.adobe.com/de/images/vector-golden-light-with-glare-sun-sun-rays-dawn-glare-from-the-su.... The preview and description promised, I get sun and sunbeam isolated on transparent background. The file in fact has a checkerboard pattern on top of radiant elements with black backgrounds in illustrator. How can I get the sun without checkerboard or those black ellipsoids? I need to place the sunbeam in InDesign without any background/elementsā€¦

TOPICS
Asset Quality , Download , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Hi @DaBirk,

All assets of this kind need some kind of background. They don't work with completely transparent backgrounds. I have, however, no idea, if you can use an Indesign background. I suppose, but never tried, that it works. No background won't be possible because of the way the different elements interact.

You need to work around this limitation, as there is no other solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bildschirmfoto 2021-06-01 um 17.29.03.pngBildschirmfoto 2021-06-01 um 17.29.13.pngBildschirmfoto 2021-06-01 um 17.28.55.pngBildschirmfoto 2021-06-01 um 17.29.29.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @DaBirk,

All assets of this kind need some kind of background. They don't work with completely transparent backgrounds. I have, however, no idea, if you can use an Indesign background. I suppose, but never tried, that it works. No background won't be possible because of the way the different elements interact.

You need to work around this limitation, as there is no other solution.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct answer? I didn't actually read any answer. I see by the series of photo images that it seems someone fixed the issue, but it doesn't state anywhere how they did it???

Where is the answer?

What were the actual steps taken to fix the problem?

I'm having a simular issue after opening a PDF in Photoshop Elements. All the Text and Images have been placed on a Grey Checkerboard background and I don't know what that means or how to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You open the assets in the latest version of Illustrator, go to the layers palette. Either, you have a layer with the checkerboard background and you switch that off, or you need to expand the layer by clicking the > near the layer's name. You'll find the background object as the last element in that list. Eventually, you need to expand more. But you will find the background checkerboard always as the last element in the list. See here https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock-discussions/false-transparency-image/m-p/11981335#M58600!

BTW: the answer is correct! The question was not "How to remove" as OP new that. You really need first to understand how these assets work. And they work only against a background. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started