• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Death of the photographer

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens to the photographs in case of death of the photographer?

TOPICS
General

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

The Geneva Convention and local laws regulate this. The copyright remains with the heirs for 70 years. After that, it expires and the images can then be used without restrictions. If they are still available in stock, they continue to eventually generate income and the heirs will need to collect this.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Geneva Convention and local laws regulate this. The copyright remains with the heirs for 70 years. After that, it expires and the images can then be used without restrictions. If they are still available in stock, they continue to eventually generate income and the heirs will need to collect this.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much for posting this.  I have been trying to find what happens for ages with no luck and then found your post so I guess the answer is the same irrespective of agency ?  Many, many thanks !! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I'm correct, agencies will lose the (c) 70 years after publication. But there are provisions that could extend this. You will need to study the Geneva convention if that is of concern to you. I have never really set up my mind to this. I doubt that my artwork is of such a value that my heirs will need to collect the cash in masses.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started