Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Deceiving Vector Images!

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe today I just hadn't had enough coffee yet but it did get under my skin when I tried reaching out to Adobe and the person on the other end said "I would like to inform you that this image has been licensed in your account and as per the policies, once you have licensed an asset it will remain in your account and is non-returnable."

As a long time Adobe user/customer that's a pretty crummy response. I mean, you don't walk into a restaurant and order a burger and they bring you chicken strips and say, "Hey, sorry bud, that's what's on your plate! No backsies."

So, my issue is that sometimes these contributors will add the PS canvas grid look to show transparency or layering but when you open the AdobeStock_....ai file in Illustrator it's a bunch of tiny flattened squares, grid included, rendering the asset useless. Waste of a credit.

I feel there should be a higher standard in QC with these types of assets (anything other than a .jpg although, I have also seen some pretty bad .jpg edits as well) or let the users rate/comment, etc... on the images themselves. 

What do you guys think? Have any of you had this exp? Should I just keep my mouth shut and eat the chicken strips?

TOPICS
Download, General, Licensing, Plans and purchase, Terms of use

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have an issue with a file you've licensed please share the issue here. We do review these complaints and if we can confirm the issue we can grant you a replacement license in most cases. We cannot fix what we don't know and if we have enough instances of a particular issue it will lend to having an issue fixed if possible.

EBQ

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. I've run into many cases where the vector images are deceiving. The file is an Illustrator file, but the images are embedded bitmap images inside of Illustrator (stock #182356734 is an example). Or the vector file is built very poorly where it's extremely hard to pull out the pieces. It would be nice to have a rating system for sellers and of their individual files - this will help contributors care more when they sell vector images. I can and have gotten refunds for images built poorly but it takes time to be asking for refunds every time and frustrating when you're on a deadline and having to deal with it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Embedded bitmaps are not conform to the stock creator's requirements. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @tampham98,

I appreciate you posting this to the forums and I will pass your feedback on to our product management team. I can see that the customer care agent didn't fully understand your issue. Our content team will review the asset.

EBQ

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It was probably created using another vector program. Sometimes when using other programs they tend to have program compatibility issues such as matching colours, gradients and other to Illustrator standards. Many times that's how the files tend to get bitmap issues.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started