• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Default to image search?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI there. I'm hoping this is not a dumb question. For the past little while, whenever I search for something on Adobe Stock, it defaults to a video search. It wasn't like that before. I'm a print designer; I do nothing with video, and clicking off of video to image is just another unnecessary step I have to take several times a day. Is there a way in preferences to specify that, by default, I want to search for images (photos/illustrations/vectors) and NOT video? I don't believe video is even included in my Stock plan. Why make that the default?  Please tell me there's a way to select a default category. It drives me crazier every time I waste an additional two seconds to select the category I need.

I don't know if this matters, but I'm accessing Adobe Stock by clicking the "Creative Cloud" icon on the Windows 10 taskbar. Seems to be the same if I access Stock directly from the browser, though.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

OK, got it...defaults to my default!

So I suspect cookies!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YKeeg  wrote

I'm hoping this is not a dumb question.

Never saw a dumb question here... 🙂

Set your default to images:

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the step I'd like to avoid... it resets to video every time I go there.

And there aren't any preference controls on the Creative Cloud app, which I thought would be a nifty feature as that's my go-to icon for stock. Guess I could just bookmark stock/adobe.com/images and then... gasp... re-train myself...

Stock.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You see the question was not that dumb... My CC app is currently updating, so I will not be able to check this for today... as I need to leave for a sleep. Sorry about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, got it...defaults to my default!

So I suspect cookies!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is controlled by cookies, so if you would search with asset type in homepage then it will be your default next time you visit the site.  if in any case this doesn't work - you can always clear cookies.

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I cleared all of my cookies (thus signing myself out of every site I work on), tried it again, and it's once again defaulting to video.  Even though I have NEVER searched for a video on Adobe Stock, somehow there's a "cookie", "remembering" that I want to search for videos, even after a cookie purge.

I don't know what to do at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looping in joon.Stock  and EvilBugQueen1 to help you further with this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2019 Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally irritating and this is now happening to me as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setting the asset type in homepage as stated in this thread should change the default type on your next search.

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It did not change the default. That was the first thing I tried.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started