• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Derivative work Licensed under Creative Commons share-alike non commercial license

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I am an educator and I'm using Adobe stock images with standard license in my power point presentations. It is paid by a grant. We also want oher educaors to use it. My question is can the stock images be used as a derivative work and the final product power point presentations be still licensed under Creative Commons share-alike non-commercial CC BY-NC-SA license. It is not intended for 500K users and as far as I understand the website views doesn't count.

TOPICS
Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The licensing terms state that you can't provide access to the original asset. However, you will be free to give away your presentations or sell them as you like, given that the assets used are not the main point of interest in your presentation. I don't think, however, that the asset could be used in derivate work by others, if they don't license the asset.

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based on reading and interpreting the licence terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I cannot rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started