• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Did I accidentally download an image that costs?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I signed up for a free one-month trial of Adobe Stock, during which you can download 10 images for free. The first image I downloaded read 'free' next to it (either in the download button or after the standard license type selection). It was this image: 132900812. The second image I downloaded said nothing but 'Standard license (1 Image)' and 'Extended license (€63.99)'. The 'Standard license (1 Image)' option was already selected for the image in question, so I downloaded it. I'd just like to make it absolutely sure before I proceed to download the ten images that they indeed are free. I mean... doesn't 'the standard license' always cost something when you are not in the trial period? Or as you see, I don't understand how these things work here... hmm... anyway...

So I guess I could boil down my question to this: Can I download any ten images for free that are marked as 'Standard license' (that have no price tag after them like in Extended licenses) now that I'm signed in as 'Adobe Stock – 10 assets a month' user?

TOPICS
General , Licensing , Plans and purchase , Terms of use

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Free means free, even without a subscription. Your second picture did cost one plan credit. If you were in the paid period, you could convert that into a cost. Currently, Adobe is paying for this. If you licence something that cost real money, like a video or a premium image, you will get asked a confirmation.

You see the number of assets that you still can licence during your first free month if you go to https://stock.adobe.com. If your screen is too small, you will need to click your avatar

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Free means free, even without a subscription. Your second picture did cost one plan credit. If you were in the paid period, you could convert that into a cost. Currently, Adobe is paying for this. If you licence something that cost real money, like a video or a premium image, you will get asked a confirmation.

You see the number of assets that you still can licence during your first free month if you go to https://stock.adobe.com. If your screen is too small, you will need to click your avatar to see the number of remaining credits.

Abambo_0-1672351772198.png

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks for the clarification. It just started bothering me when the first picture I downloaded clearly said next to it that it was free, but the 'free' text was missing from the second picture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the second asset did cost you a plan credit! You can search for free assets by applying the "free" filter tag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume the first two assets cost me plan credits. They were from the same photographer. I also downloaded a third image that day, which was actually free (I selected 'free' from the drop-down menu before searching). After downloading those three pictures, I still had 8 assets available. But I think everything is fine now. I just didn't understand the billing system at first. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With 8 credits, you have used 2 of those 10. The licence history shows what has been licenced. 

Have fun, and use your remaining licences wisely. If you do not intend to keep the subscription, do not forget to cancel in time. As soon as you cancel, you will lose unused credits, so use them before the plan. 

If you need further help, update this or start a new thread. 

Have fun, and a happy new year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started