Did you just rip me off 173 images?

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It all started April of 2017 I received a notice from Adobe that my photos that I had previously purchased outright from Dollar Photo Club a company that Adobe had required were going to go away. I had well over 200+ images that I had previously paid for.

Dear Robert:

Your unused Dollar Photo Club image downloads will expire soon. You may log in to stock.adobe.com to use your credits or learn more about reactivation. For further questions, please contact 800-685-3602.

Sincerely,
The Adobe Stock team

Of course I immediately contacted Adobe and spoke to Sarah Conner who described herself as a Territory account manager and she advised that if I would sign up for the 3 photos a month package at $29.99 I could keep these images active. She claimed there was some kind of time limit built into the original contract. I said I had no recollection of this but I would have no problems paying the $30 bucks a month to keep them active. I knew I would eventually have a use for them.

Sarah Connor

1. 206.675.7125 (direct tel)

801 North 34th St.

Territory Account Manager

1. 800.866.8006 ext. 7125 (tel)

Seattle, WA 98103

1. Adobe. Make It an Experience.

Connor@adobe.com

1. www.adobe.com

Wow was I surprised when I logged into my account this June to see that the 173 images I had bought were gone and the only ones there were the 36 images I had been paying monthly for for the last year. I immediately called support and was advised that there must be a technical error. I was later told that the images only had a year to be downloaded. WTF, I was never told this. I was never notified when it occurred or notified that it was going to happen like I was with the Dollar Photo files. YES I WAS PISSED and told the kid I wanted to cancel the subscription and I wanted the 173 files back or I was going to sue in small claims court. I figured I was owned on the downside $1730, the same cost I was currently paying for my 3 a month plan.  I was told someone would contact me. A couple of days later someone did. After explaining the situation I was told, " we defiantly will take care of you Mr. Benson." "Unfortunately you've canceled your subscription and I need to see what to do. I will have someone contact you within 24-48 hours." I offered to re-up the subscription if she could promise I wouldn't get screwed again, but she couldn't or wouldn't. Of course I was never contacted again and that was 2-3 weeks ago. I've sent several unanswered emails. I've tried to call but I get the generic, "the next support technician is 23 minutes," and they never do connect.

I did receive an email asking me to please do them a favor by filling out this short survey though.

Adobe Case Number ADB-2870195-Y8G8 

Dear Robert,

We'd like to hear from you!

Your feedback is important to us. Take a moment to complete our survey and let us know how we're doing.

They actually stated they had resolved my stock issue and were closing my case. I guess someone wanted to clear off their desk.

I now have to decide if it's worth filling a small claim action on this. I don't think Sarah is still at the company so I need another person to serve.  Just out of spite I think I will have

Shantanu Narayen at

Adobe Systems Incorporated

345 Park Avenue

San Jose, CA 95110-2704

served by the local marshal and see if it makes his day. I think just the satisfaction of letting a small claims court judge decide on the case would be worth the hassle this has caused me.

Waiting for your response.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert,

I apologize for the experience you had so far with the Adobe Stock services.

I did check your account and the allotments within. I believe you had 194 unused licenses in your account which were added on 4/6/2016 and because these licenses were valid for an year, they expired on 4/6/2017 this year.

Additionally, I see that you had an Adobe Stock subscription for 3 images/ month plan which also has been cancelled and is no longer active.

I totally understand the situation that you're facing here but the DPC credits did have an expiry date.

Please see Stock FAQ: Where can I find details about Dollar Photo Club (Fotolia) closure? for more details.

However, I've checked your account details and it seems that your credits got expired in 2017 and were re-instated in your account on 4/19/2017 for another year which expired on 4/19/2018.

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards,

Twarita

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should have edited your response prior to sending it. The original Dollar Photo Club credits were to expire on 4/6/2017, over a year ago. That is when you, Adobe sent me the original email stating that this was about to occur. That is when I spoke to your rep referenced in the above thread. She stated that I could retain the rights to this unused credits as long as I enrolled in and kept current a subscription to your service, which I did. My subscription started 4/2017 and continued up to the point where I realized you had stolen the original photos, July 2018. I would not have initiated and continued the subscription if I knew the licenses were going to expire. Had I known I would have initiated the subscription and immediately downloaded the photos. Please give me the documentation on the extensions of the licenses and the subsequent expiration of them.

I will file the claim and I do not expect it to go your way. Your rep did verbally tell me that as long as the subscription was active the licenses would be available to me. I do not know when you removed them if you ever had them on my account but I was never notified of any of this.

I would like to have this escalated to your manager.

Regards,

Rob

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Robert,

Please see the private message that I've sent you.

Regards,

Sheena

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started