• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disappearing assets in adobe stock photos affecting my bottom line!

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beware of suddenly disappearing photo licensing assets! Until a couple of days ago, I had close to 200 assets in my adobe stock photos account. Using this number, which has been there since I joined a while ago, I calculated the division of assets between projects and charged my customers based on having that many assets. To my surprise recently, I noticed I only have 65. I called support and was told it was a technical glitch and that 65 is the correct number and there is nothing that can be done about it and no warning is possible because no one knows when or how a correction will be done. Also that this happens all the time? There must be other people who are shocked by this? The overstock price for a standard asset/license is $5 USD so if I calculate what I have to pay now to replace the assets that disappeared, I will be out of pocket $837 CAD (exchange 1.24)  Can you tell I am annoyed?  

TOPICS
Asset Quality , General , Libraries , Licensing , Plans and purchase

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Hi @Judi5D31,

It is not a technical glitch. License quota expires 1 year after it was granted. How you charge your customers is up to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Judi5D31,

It is not a technical glitch. License quota expires 1 year after it was granted. How you charge your customers is up to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, well I did ask that specific question to the support person because I thought maybe that's what happened. I was told by support that the assets carry over.  The explanation I was given was that the original number was was a technical glitch. I am trying to find my contract to see if it has been a year and where it says the assets will be removed.  Perhaps an update to troubleshooting is needed and a suggestion to notify your customers of something big like this. Even if it is in the contract, just out of courtesy, a week before (you can add it in an automatic email to subscribers) for people like me who have many different suppliers and who does not track every small detail of every service agreement. Still annoyed. Does not help my bottom line alas. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The agent did get confused by a subscription. If you have a subscription, unused asset credits carry over from month to month, but also with the restriction for up to a year.

As a side note: you are notified when you buy credits, that there is an expiry.

Abambo_0-1627644666577.png

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started