• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disappointed with Adobe's horrible customer service

Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so irate with Adobe and their complete lack of customer service the last few months.

Seven months ago I decided to try Adobe Stock as I am part of a non-profit and had to make a poster and flyers for a Christmas activity. After using one photo, I cancelled my subscription. Fast-forward to April and my husband (who is in charge of tracking the finances) alerts me that I have been charged $30 a month for Stock. So I essentially paid Adobe $128.16 for ONE photo I used for a poster I did for a NON-profit organization! This trial they offer with Stock is a well-known scam with Adobe (check the forums or just Google). I am an extremely responsible person and always cancel trials in time. After talking to someone on chat, they cancelled my subscription without a cancellation fee but refused to reimburse me for the 7 months I didn't use Stock, which they can surely see on their end was not used.

This week I tried to use After Effects so after updating it, it failed to launch. Upon launch, I am greeted with this message: After Effects can’t continue: unexpected failure during application startup.  This is after I downloaded the latest version.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it didn't fix the problem.

After trying everything I could think of, I contacted Adobe on chat on Wednesday and after 3 hours, the rep was unable to resolve my issue, sent me an email with step-by-step instructions that only a programmer could understand, and hung up on me. I then reconnected with someone else (on chat and the phone) who remotely accessed my computer over the course of 5 HOURS and STILL was unable to resolve the issue and hung up on me. He called me back a couple hours later and assured me he would fix it the next day. I had to take an entire day off of work and I still have this headache that isn't fixed!!! I could not afford to do that.

I called the next day at around 6 pm (since the rep failed to call me back like he said he would) was on hold for 45 minutes and still unable to get in contact with the rep who worked with me before, since he supposedly works at a different location, and was told they would make a note in my case and that he would contact me promptly. Well, it's been two days and I haven't heard from anyone. All I can assume is Adobe has given up on fixing it for me, yet I'm still paying for the subscription.

This whole ordeal is completely unacceptable. I have been a loyal Adobe customer for at least ten years. I feel like I have no recourse at this point. I am totally done with Adobe unless they make this right in the next couple days (refund the money they scammed me out of for Stock AND fix After Effects) or I will report them to the Better Business Bureau and to my credit card company for fraudulent charges.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Thanks for getting back. Let me arrange a call for you from our phone support team to look into it.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jennie,

Sorry to hear that you had such a poor experience. I checked your account and noticed that you have only used 1 image, I will go ahead and escalate the case to the concerned team and check what can be done regarding the following issue. (For Adobe Stock)

For the AffterEffects query, can you please provide me with the case reference number so that I can review the interaction and can further assist you?

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Twarita.

The After Effects query case number is ADB-2256340-M3K4.

On Mon, May 28, 2018 at 4:16 AM, twaritar3263062 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looping in RameezKhan​ for the After Effects query.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jenniew,

Sorry for your issue with After Effects.

I checked the case history and found out that some troubleshooting was done on your computer and you were emailed instructions for performing a clean install of all Adobe apps. Since you have mentioned above that the email was too technical was you to understand and you have had several other agents work on your computer, I'd recommend that you install a previous version of After Effects for now. You can try installing After Effects CC 2017.

Let us know if After Effects CC 2017 works for you.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The clean install did not work and neither does an older version of After

Effects. This issue is STILL not resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back. Let me arrange a call for you from our phone support team to look into it.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issues are resolved. Thank you so much!

On Fri, Jun 22, 2018 at 1:30 PM twaritar3263062 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting us know.

Best,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jennie,

The issue related to Adobe Stock has been taken care off and the refund has been created for 4 months. The amount will be reflected in your account within 7 business days

Hope this helps!

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree, I just had a two hour waste of time nightmare trying to get answers about my fresco cloud issue. The support staff asked very basic questions after ten minute pauses. I am convinced their tech support is mostly programs and non human. When I did get what seemed like a real human in the chat, they changed to three different humans " Tamir will help you....Tridib will help you shortly....long lapses between " give me a few minutes to look into your problem " prompts ... At the end of over an hour , no help so I ended the chat. I also followed this up with a call , wrongly assuming a live technician would help me.  The technician had a heavy accent and offered no solutions other than "try shutting down your ipad." . I had done that already a million times. I ended the phone call. I helped myself and deleted fresco and re- installed. That worked. No thanks to adobe  support. Adobe Customer Service is a huge problem and pain point. They can do better for subscribers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2022 Aug 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also got some problem and post on this forum.
Disappointed they locked my post and haven't fix my problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started