Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Download preview opens as a blank document in Illustrator 2020

Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I am having an issue where the download preview opens as a blank Illustrator document. I have seen that people have had this issue before. I have tried to troubleshoot (tried different browser, cleared browsing data, logged out of Adobe Stock) but nothing seems to be working. The image I want to preview is #341226406. Note, that I have licensed this image, as I was getting annoyed with not being able to preview. I also downloaded the preview for another image (#353282016) and opened as a blank document in Illustrator. Any help appreciated. Thanks

{Renamed by MOD }

TOPICS
Download, Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have downloaded both of these files and they open as expected in Adobe Illustrator 2020. Are you on the most up-to-date version of the desktop app?

EBQ

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks EBQ. My Illustrator is up-to-date (v24.3). Just wanted to check whether you downloaded the preview? I was able to download the licence but not the preview download.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again EBQ. I've restarted my MacBook Pro, then Creative Cloud wanted an update. I updated, restarted again. Download previewed another graphic and still blank page opened in Illustrator. Also tried opening the file from my Desktop and within Illustrator, and still a bank page. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi claudia...,

I was a bit confused by your reference to Illustrator CS, from the version you mentioned it more recently it sounds like you are using the Creative Cloud Desktop app and the most recent version of Illustrator.

Can you please provide the exact steps you are taking when the file comes up blank? I am not able to reproduce the issue. Also what it the latest file ID where you are seeing this?

EBQ

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks EBQ. Below are the steps. Please realise I ended up licensing the previous file, as I needing it for a job.

1. Searched for a 'spring-time banner' in Adobe Stock.

2. Found one which I would like to use as a 'preview only' in my design (FILE #: 189523183)

Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 8.40.16 am.png

3. Downloaded preview (.ai file) and once downloaded the file automatically opened in Illustrator CS. 

4. Page opened as blank page in Illustrator

Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 8.44.55 am.png

5. I checked 'layers' in Illustrator file - no layers

6. I checked that I was vieiwing the document correctly - all views showed as blank

So, I'm not sure whay this is happening. Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is odd. The file is appearing on your screen in portrait but it's a landscape file.

Have you uninstalled Illustrator, rebooted and reinstalled?

EBQ

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi EBQ,

I have uninstalled, rebooted and re-installed Illustrator. I then went to Adobe Stock and downloaded preview the same image, and the page opened as a blank page. Not sure what to try next?

Claudia

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may be missing something but I thought previews were always JPEG. I haven't heard of a preview AI. You have not paid for it yet, correct?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any extensions running in your browser? Could you try disabling any browser extensions and restarting your browser and trying again?

You might also want to check your any anti-virus settings that might be interfering?  Let me know what you discover or if this is resolved by any of the above changes.

EBQ

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are .ai previews.

EBQ

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi EBQ,

Thanks for your replies. I've tried a few other download previews and all have been .ai. I also disabled the extensions I had on my browser (I had 2) and no change. I don't have any anti-virus settings running. I must say that I have ised Adobe Stock for mainly vector images, rather than photos. Are there any other settings I can change? Thanks again.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Claudia, 

This is really strange. These preview files have a single linked file in them and they're working for me as well. Could you please try opening these files and let us know  how it goes:

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/4d7275ed-890e-43fe-5643-16145fc0222d

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/051696ab-a048-4a1b-4107-9cddc7336ce0

You may also try resetting Illustrator preferences by following the steps shared here

Please note that all the custom settings would reset too. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti,

I've downloaded the files, prior to resetting Illustrator preferences. Screenshots below:

Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 11.39.20 am_before preference reset.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-15 at 11.39.49 am_before preference reset.png

And it seems to be the same after resetting Illustrator preferences. Screenshots below:

Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 11.44.38 am_after preference reset.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-15 at 11.45.36 am_after preference reset.png

Thanks.

Claudia

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what exactly the problem may be. I just opened the files and re-saved them as it is and shared the files with you. I will pass on this information to the Product team to check what could be the possible issue and get back to you as soon as I get any response from them.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Srishti. I appreciate your help.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started