Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Downloaded an Apple Computer picture where the background is supposed to be transparent

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I've just downloaded a picture that basically just shows different types of apple computer an phones. The background of the picture has grey and white squares which I thought told me that is supposed to be transparent when I open the picture.

Now my first problem is that I cannot open the picture in the .ai format it comes with. So I used an online tool to switch it to .jpeg which doesn't allow the background to be transparent though. I also couldn't find any site that would switch the format to .png which usually shows backgrounds like those transparent.

So I thought I could simply knock out the background of the picture in power point with the tools they have, which unfortunately doesn't really work, since the grey of the computers is nearly the same as the grey of the squares in the background.

Does anyone know how I could open this picture in its original form in the .ai format on a Mac, or know how I could change it to have a transparent background?

I would really appreciate help with the topic! Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vanessa,

Sorry to hear that you are facing troubles with an Adobe Stock file.

Please share the file ID which you are referring to so that we can check the file at our end and can assist you further.

Regards,

Twarita

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My bad, should have done that in the initial post.

The ID of the picture is #143157277

Thank you very much for your reply and your help!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Vanessa,

I opened the Ai file(143157277 ) in Illustrator without facing any issue.

The vector images are best to be downloaded in Illustrator.

If you wish to remove the transparency grid from the file, please follow the steps below:

• Open the file in Illustrator CC
  • Delete the layer of Transparency grid
  • Save the changes made

If you do not have Illustrator, then as a workaround you may download the trial version of Illustrator(7days trial) and can try to use the above-mentioned file.

You may use this link to download the trial version of Illustrator:

Download a free trial or buy Adobe products | Adobe free trials & downloads.

Let me know if this helps!

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards,

Twarita

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started