Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Downloaded images unusable - would like replacement credits

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Feb 28, I downloaded two vector images that were constructed so poorly they were impossible to use as represented.  The story:  I needed a blue glowing circle that could be isolated from its background, so I searched for vectors with transparency.  Image #308713225 appeared to be perfect, but after downloading it, I realized it was constructed in such a way that trying to remove the black background so the circle could be used against another color was impossible -- so much for "transparent".   So, then I tried image #2862988934, which appeared to have the transparent background, but after downloading it I realized it was created on an artboard that was only 50 pixels wide!  But, since it was a vector, I tried to open it in Photoshop and scale it up -- only to find that all the glowing edges were completely pixelated.  I ended up making the circle in Photoshop as I was unwiling to risk any more credits on something that should be so simple to find and download.  I'd like to have two credits returned to my account for these two images, as both were not as they were presented, and were totally ususable.

TOPICS
Licensing, Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Marti_Gold,

When you open the file in Photoshop are you placing it as a link or as a embedded file or are you opening the file directly in Photoshop? For these file types you need to choose one of the Place options under the Photoshop file menu. And yes it is possible that the file isn't configured properly. Let us know if using Place changes the appearance of the file

EBQ

EBQ

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started