• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downloaded pictures look like they have transparent background - but they don't!

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2018 Sep 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have licenced a few images that look like they should have a transparent background, but as it turns out, they don't! When I look around the Adobe Stock database, it seems like all images have the same issue: they all have a dak grey, chequered "background" that would be interpreted as transparent, but probably isn't. How do I solve this? I've looked around and found a few "solutions", but I don't want to have to, nor should I have to, work around this problem for every picture I licence!

https://stock.adobe.com/se/images/colorful-glowing-light-rainbow-rays-rainbow-vector-glaring-effect-...

#162162358, #126303828 and #126303851.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Hi Jessica,

Sorry to hear that you are facing issues with Adobe Stock services.

Are you opening the files in Illustrator? The vector files are best used in Illustrator. To get rid of the checkered background hide the bottom layer. Each of the different sparkle effects are on a different layer in the layers panel.

Just turn off the other layers with the black outlines the same as you did with the background. They are on their own layers as well.

Also, to help you better, I am looping in one of our ex

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jessica,

Sorry to hear that you are facing issues with Adobe Stock services.

Are you opening the files in Illustrator? The vector files are best used in Illustrator. To get rid of the checkered background hide the bottom layer. Each of the different sparkle effects are on a different layer in the layers panel.

Just turn off the other layers with the black outlines the same as you did with the background. They are on their own layers as well.

Also, to help you better, I am looping in one of our experts from Illustrator srishtib8795206 

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2023 Nov 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to the layers for the background and each individual box is a separate piece. It's not very practical to have to turn off each individual layer. It seems far easier to select all the boxes at once and delete them. Still, if an image claims to be transparent and it's not, it's a big inconvenience to have to do anything to the image. Why not ask the designer to set the image in such a way where those purchasing it don't have to do anything to it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no way to contact a contributor and let him fix the asset. That should have been refused at the moderation level and not go to sales if it poses a serious issue. The problem with such assets is, that they really need to have a background to work, also for the preview.

This set aside, the background is always the last element in the layers' palette. I've never seen an asset of this kind, that needed to switch off more than one group/layer. So that should be easy to catch.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started