• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editorial Content as Thumb on YouTube

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I didn't find a clear answer "outside this community" until now why I ask now here: Can I use Images for "Editorial use only" (e.g. about Microsoft Teams) as Thumbs for my videos on YouTube? I have a tutorial channel there about Microsoft 365 and all content is for learning and knowledge about this products. No marketing for selling licences or services or stuff like this.

Thank you for your help!

TOPICS
Licensing , Terms of use

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

@xoeo Do you receive any income from your YouTube channel through advertising and so on? If I understand you correctly when you say "Thumbs for my videos" it sounds as though you want to use editorial images as the video "cover" or still image that appears before someone plays the video. This is seen as a way of advertising your tutorials since that image is what will be shared through reference links to your videos and the thumb will become the cover image when seen in a list of videos on your

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Hello, I didn't find a clear answer "outside this community" until now why I ask now here: Can I use Images for "Editorial use only" (e.g. about Microsoft Teams) as Thumbs for my videos on YouTube?

By @xoeo

Editorial use only is editorial use only, and not editorial use only and some other use.

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@xoeo Do you receive any income from your YouTube channel through advertising and so on? If I understand you correctly when you say "Thumbs for my videos" it sounds as though you want to use editorial images as the video "cover" or still image that appears before someone plays the video. This is seen as a way of advertising your tutorials since that image is what will be shared through reference links to your videos and the thumb will become the cover image when seen in a list of videos on your YouTube channel or when someone searches for your videos. I'd advise against using editorial use only images as reference thumbs or covers for anything but I'm only one voice in the crowd!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I didn't find a clear answer "outside this community" until now why I ask now here: Can I use Images for "Editorial use only" (e.g. about Microsoft Teams) as Thumbs for my videos on YouTube?

By @xoeo

Editorial use only is editorial use only, and not editorial use only and some other use.

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based on reading and interpreting the licence terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I cannot rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started