Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Error message when trying to purchase Stock assets

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unable to purchase Adobe Stock assets - I'm getting a persistent error message saying "Error: We're sorry, but a system error occurred. If you do not receive a payment confirmation email in the next few minutes, please try again or contact customer service."

@EvilBugQueen1 I see from various threads that you've addressed this specific issue successfully before by referring it to your engineering team - could you please help?   For your reference I recently cancelled a monthly plan, in case that helps (I see you'd asked about this in a previous thread).

Thanks very much. 

TOPICS
Account management, Plans and purchase, Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @markk57074036,

Can you tell me, are you attempting to buy a subscription or a premium asset?

EBQ

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks much for your reply.  I'm attempting to buy a monthly subscription (3 assets per month), thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@markk57074036  Thank you, I'm going to recommend you contact customer care for assistance https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html. Click on the chat icon in the lower right portion of the page. If you are unable to see this feature you may need to scroll down before it will appear or set your browser to private or incognito mode.

If you run into any difficulty please ask to speak with a lead.

EBQ

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I contacted customer care and spent and hour and a half in the chat, first with a support person and then with a manager, to no avail.  They acknowledged at least that it is a technical glitch on Adobe's end.  More specifically just for your future reference (and anyone else who might read this), the specific circumstances were that I had had a month-to-month plan which I'd cancelled.  However the plan's term does not end until January 30th.  Prior to cancelling I had consumed my 3 asset/month quota and had purchased additional assets for $9.99 each, without a problem. After I cancelled the plan I was not able to purchase additional assets at $9.99 each but instead got a popup screen asking me to select a subscription.  When I tried to purchase a new month-to-month subscription I got the error message.  So the problem is evidently that the plan is in "cancellation requested" status, but not deactivated (or "fully cancelled") in the system, because it wouldn't have officially ended until January 30th.  Can you please refer this to your engineering team so it doesn't continue to frustrate other customers?  Also, in the FAQ under "What happens when I cancel my subscription" it says that you'll forfeit any unused assets, but does not say specifically that you'll lose access to (non-premium) on-demand assets for the duration of the term of your current plan.  It would be very helpful to add language to this effect.  Thank you.      

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for this additional information @markk57074036.

I will document this and work with our engineering team to remedy it as I am sure yours is not an isolated case. I am also going to ask one of our customer care leads to reach out to you. I think we can do something about this for your account.  I apologize for the issues you have been having.

EBQ

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started