Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extended License Question

New Here ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am a graphic designer. I have a client that is a wholesale distributor that sells many different product lines. I am working on a promotional product flyer for them that will showcase about thirty products. I would like to use a stock photo in the design. 

Since my client sells through distribution, the flyer will be distributed to resellers via a customizable PDF. The reseller will then be able to enter their own pricing and contact information and send the pdf flyer out to their end users. The distribution is small, and I do not anticipate the distribution exceeding 500,000 end users (or 100,000, for that matter).

The reseller cannot use the PDF as a template for other projects. They can only add their contact info and pass along the PDF to end users. 

Would this be considered a template for resale (even though it is not being sold)? Would an extended license be required in this situation?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since the promotional flyer is not the thing being sold, nor I assume is the stock image the thing being sold, a standard license should suffice. If the stock photo itself is part of the item being sold, then you need an extended license. 

This is my interpretation of the info on the licensing page, and I'm not an attorney !

https://stock.adobe.com/license-terms

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started