• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extendend License: Just to be clear

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suppose I print/make copies of a modified stock photo for a package/box cover for a product, include an instruction booklet with the art on the cover, and include a large poster of the art as a freebie/promotional item. Do I need multiple E licenses and are there any printing limits?

Moreover, if I have to later make production corrections or updates/modify the product and art to fix printing or product related issues, how do i know if and when I need new licenses and how many?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Hi Baginska,

Thanks for reaching out to the Adobe Stock community.

Any asset which is featured for merchandise or for reselling requires an extended license. Please see the terms and restrictions of Adobe Stock for more information here: Stock Licensing & terms FAQ: Where can I find the terms and licensing information for Adobe Stock?

Also, I see that you require the asset to create a package/box cover. You will require an extended license as the cover of the box will cater to all your business req

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Baginska,

Thanks for reaching out to the Adobe Stock community.

Any asset which is featured for merchandise or for reselling requires an extended license. Please see the terms and restrictions of Adobe Stock for more information here: Stock Licensing & terms FAQ: Where can I find the terms and licensing information for Adobe Stock?

Also, I see that you require the asset to create a package/box cover. You will require an extended license as the cover of the box will cater to all your business requirements.

Although, if you wish to combine multiple Adobe Stock images and modify them, you can use a standard license.

However, the image is considered modified when the final modified version of the image shows no resemblance to the original image.

Note: Standard license allows up to 500,000 copies or views of the asset.

Hope this information helps!

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, if I use an image for my instruction booklet cover for a commercial product, do I still need an extended license? These booklets will ship with the product and made available for free should users need a replacement copy of the instructions.

Also, if I use small parts of the image for a tutorial, does each occurrence or use counts towards the 500,000 or does each part count towards the whole and then towards the 500,000. For example, if I use 1/4 of the image, then every 4 uses counts as a single use of the image.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

If the image is used decoratively and not as the main value of the book, then it is ok for upto 500,000 reproductions under the standard license.

This shall help in clearing the confusion.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started