• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Footage disappeared from adobe site

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already worked a piece of footage into a storyboard, only to get a 404 when I return to download it, what's going on?

TOPICS
Download , General , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another clip that I have already planned to use is now gone. Can I please get some support regarding this issue? If the Adobe stock library cannot be relied upon to make assets consistently available this will have to be the last time I use it. It would seem that I am now in a situation where I have to go back to the client and explain that the footage they signed off is no longer available, and then look for something to replace it. This looks unprofessional and embarassing, as well as being a waste of my time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contributors provide content to Adobe Stock for you to license. An asset can be removed at any time by the contributor or by Adobe for a number of reasons. You could work directly with a content provider to avoid this but having an exclusive license for an asset in many cases would prove to be cost prohibitive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to add to EBQ's message: other stock providers work with similar restrictions. It's unfortunate, when this happens, but there is no workaround. As soon as the contributor pulls an asset, Adobe can't sell it anymore. When Adobe pulls the asset, it's for quality or legal reasons. In both cases, it would be unprofessional to let you buy the asset. 

This is explicitly part of the 90 days Comp license. 

And yes, it's annoying, when you are in the middle of a work.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started