• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Free Assets for Commercial Use with same licensing as Standard License

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide me with clarity on whether or not I may use free assets for commercial purposes. They will be modified with my text.

I read this: 

How free asset licensing works
Adobe Stock - More than royalty-free
Adobe Stock offers high-quality free stock photos, vectors and videos you can use for commercial purposes with confidence.

Use Adobe Stock free assets with confidence in your next commercial project. Our free assets meet the same licensing standards as our paid assets.

but then under Standard license I read this:
With a Standard license, you may not:

• Create merchandise, templates, or other products for resale or distribution where the primary value of the product is associated with the asset itself. For example, you can't use the asset to create a poster, t-shirt, or coffee mug that someone would buy specifically because of the asset printed on it.

License information and Terms of Use | Adobe Stock

Does this mean I am equally protected by the free license and can use on commercial products or that the the free standard license is under the same restrictions as the paid standard license? 

TOPICS
Licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

As you get a standard licence with the free items, the same restrictions apply as with paid standard license items. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you get a standard licence with the free items, the same restrictions apply as with paid standard license items. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying, Abambo. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please give me example , i still dont understand this term 

i have enhanced liscnese , can i download a flyer or template to print them or use them for commercial purpose of advetising on social mdeia like (Social media posts )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can download a template, modify it for your own use and print or post on social media, regardless of whether you used a Free Asset from Adobe or a paid asset.

What you cannot do is download the template "as is" and resell it in its unmodified form, 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Basically yes. 

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based on reading and interpreting the licence terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I cannot rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started