• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HORRIBLE quality Vector Image

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2019 Jan 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased a license for a vector image and when I downloaded it the quality is horrible - -hardly looks like the same image! Anyone else experience that? Can I get a refund of that photo credit so I can find something that's actually usable??  the file was: AdobeStock_63099267. Supposed to be smooth swirly smoke, and instead it's all bulky pixelated.... yuck.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 01, 2019 Jan 01, 2019

I've downloaded the asset and checked in Illustrator: it is a correct illustrator file.

You will probably need to set the resolution to a very high value, as the physical size of the asset is rather small (11.424 x 13.855 mm ; 0.45 x 0.545 in). A higher resolution will compensate for the small size.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What program did you use to visualize the grafic art?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have AI on my Mac, but the finder allows me to view the image as a sort of preview after download - it looks awful there. Then I used an online ai - jpg conversion platform, two different ones actually, and it still looks awful. This was one of two vector images I bought licenses for the same day... the other one is perfectly fine in all the same environments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your workflow may be the problem more then anything else. The preview is often a low res picture. That may be correct. Your on-line conversion could fail with this specific data.

I didn’t download the asset in question, but the first impression of that asset seamed to be good.

Could you please post the link of your conversion site? And I would also like to know what asset was correctly converted. This would help looking for potential problems.

In addition I suggest that you aquire Adobe Illustrator (or a similar program able to read the vector graphics) to make best use of all the vector assets you buy. You can install, to start, a 7 day test version of Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I used two conversion sites:

https://www.zamzar.com/convert/ai-to-jpg/

and https://ai-to-jpg.file-converter-online.com/

And the image that worked just fine is this one; AdobeStock_175946678

I really don't want to spend $10 to license a single image that I need additional software at $$$ to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vector images are best worked with vector editing programs. It does not necessarily be Adobe Illustrator, even that Adobe is for obvious reasons pushing that application. But you need for using vector images at their full potential a program that is able to work those pictures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've downloaded the asset and checked in Illustrator: it is a correct illustrator file.

You will probably need to set the resolution to a very high value, as the physical size of the asset is rather small (11.424 x 13.855 mm ; 0.45 x 0.545 in). A higher resolution will compensate for the small size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started