• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Do I Get The Extended Stock License From Adobe Stock/Selling with Extended Stock Version

Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone could help me understand these questions below... I can't seem to find the answers anywhere on the forum. 

I bought the license of a particular stock image (from adobe stock - https://stock.adobe.com) and added a character in it. In other words, the stock image is the background of the person in the photo. 

If I wanted to sell this photo of this person using the stock image as a background. Is this possible? I really don't think it is, but I've been getting conflicting information from the "chat" agents. One chat agent stated that if I bought the EXTENDED version of the stock image, that I would be able to sell my image. Another one said that this is not possible. I've read and read and read all that I can read, and I think that the extended version of the stock image makes it possible to sell your image. 

If this is true, how do I go about doing this?

When I click on "buy" on a stock image, it doesn't let me choose whether to buy the standard stock version or the extended stock version. I actually have to join a monthly plan to even proceed further. So I did that. Then I go to my stock library and see the "standard" stock image I chose. I then click on "license again" to see if the button for the extended version pops up for me and it states "Are you sure you want to license this asset again?" I didn't click yes because I'm not sure what the next screen will show. Will the next screen give me the option to purchase the extended stock version of this image or will it just license (standard) all over again?

Screenshot Below

I'm trying to get the extended version of the top image

The bottom image has an extended version, but I got help from an Agent to do that and I can't seem to duplicate the steps for the first stock image. 

I know timing is slow with responses, and so I'll really appreciate it if anyone can help me with these questions. 

Thanks. 

Living

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

[Moderator moved from Stock Contributors to Stock.]

See licensing information below. 

https://stock.adobe.com/license-terms

A stock background is typically fine for use in your own composite images.  The type of license you purchase (standard, enhanced or extended) determines how the stock image may used and in how much quantity. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[Moderator moved from Stock Contributors to Stock.]

See licensing information below. 

https://stock.adobe.com/license-terms

A stock background is typically fine for use in your own composite images.  The type of license you purchase (standard, enhanced or extended) determines how the stock image may used and in how much quantity. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started