• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I write photo credits on board games?

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are about to publish physical board games using photos from Adobe Stock. We have the extended license, so all should be fine. However, we don't know how and where to write the photo credits. Each game consists of a box + lots of small game pieces with photos from different contributors.

Can we write a general sentence on the box that covers all? Or should each piece have its own credit line with the specific name of the contributor? Or should we write all the names of the contributors on the box? Depending on the game there can be up to 80 contributors, so I am hoping there is a simple solution.

Thanks in advance,

Anne Sofie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

If you want to credit the contributors, do it in the booklet. You only need to credit, however, if you credit other people. Your use case is not an editorial one.

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based on reading and interpreting the licence terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Crediting the source and artist is NOT required.

From this help page:

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/help/usage-licensing.html

"We require a photo credit to be added only when using the image in an editorial article. When editorial images are used in print, websites, blogs, etc. you must include the credit line mentioned on the Adobe Stock website and contained in the IPTC credit line field. For example, “Agency Name/Author Name - stock.adobe.com."  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Abambo ?

<moved from enterprise&teams>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to credit the contributors, do it in the booklet. You only need to credit, however, if you credit other people. Your use case is not an editorial one.

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based on reading and interpreting the licence terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I cannot rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I think the best way would be an extra page in the back of the manual or script that would be in that box I guess where you can put that in.
The common way would be "© [Photographer's name] / Adobe Stock”
Hope that helps.

regards,
Henrik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Crediting the source and artist is NOT required.

From this help page:

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/help/usage-licensing.html

"We require a photo credit to be added only when using the image in an editorial article. When editorial images are used in print, websites, blogs, etc. you must include the credit line mentioned on the Adobe Stock website and contained in the IPTC credit line field. For example, “Agency Name/Author Name - stock.adobe.com."  

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started