Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

How to cancel Adobe Stock?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2015 Aug 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I signed up for Adobe Stock and now want to cancel it but keep my Adobe CC membership. In using your website, it's clear you're doing everything possible to thwart people making this request. I go around and around on the contact menus, and Adobe has artfully 'bundled' together cancellation of Stock and CC to discourage disconnection. I'm now appealing to the forum to find the way to cancel STOCK without cancelling CC. Please advise.

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 29, 2015 Oct 29, 2015
Hi MiguelI've cancelled your Stock plan as requested. Thanks for trying it out!RegardsBev

Translate

Translate
replies 304 Replies 304
LEGEND ,
Aug 15, 2015 Aug 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you used the $29 upgrade for stock users you cannot cancel just Stock. You have to cancel everything (pay any early cancellation fees) and them resubscribe to CC without Stock.

I know it's stupid. I learned the hard way too. Still fighting Adobe over it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2015 Aug 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ouch! I had a bad feeling about this subscription model to CC to start with. My worry was that Adobe would just get people hooked and then screw them through lock in. It looks like this is a big step in that direction….

Question: given that you’ve fought over this, IF you ‘cancel everything’ and then ‘resubscribe’ to CC (without stock) what happens to all your legacy Adobe files (like illustrator and indesign files that remain on your computer)?

In other words, does unsubscribing mean you must re-downland and reinstall all the software (with the inevitable multiple problems that entails) and then have to fix all the ‘new’ problems that will crop up between the newly-installed CC programs and the pre-existing content files….???

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 16, 2015 Aug 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing happens to any files you created. Those are yours with or without a subscription. So Cancelling won't lose any work.

You should be able to contact Adobe Support --> Cancel current subscription --> pay any early cancellation fees ----> and they can start you up on a new subscription right away. You shouldn't even have to re-install anything.

Its really ridiculous in my opinion. But that's the way it is. 😞

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started Adobe Stock and now I have 65 image credits piled up, so I want to stop it.  But if I stop, they say I will lose my 65 credits!  I paid for those images, but it will take me some time to use them up.  What am I supposed to do?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

As advised, if you cancel your plan, any unused credits would expire so you would need to use them while the plan is still active.

Please check the FAQ for details - Common Questions, Adobe Stock

What happens if I don’t use all my monthly licenses in a given month?
With a small subscription plan, which includes 10 images a month, unused downloads carry over to the next month as long as your subscription is active. The carryover limit is 120 downloads. With large subscriptions, which include 750 downloads per month, unused downloads do not roll over.

If I cancel my membership, can I still use any unused licenses in my account?
No. You can use your available licenses as long as your membership is active, but you forfeit any unused licenses upon cancellation of your membership.

Can I use the assets even after I cancel my membership?
Yes. Once you have licensed an asset, the license is permanent. You can use the assets you buy regardless of your membership status.

Kind regards

Bev

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bev,

Could you please cancel my stock account? I've been with customer support for hours and have not received any help. I feel like crying. Thank you

Brooke

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brooke

This has been resolved.

Kind regards

Bev

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bev,

Yes, please I'd like my stock account cancelled also. I decided to give Adobe Stock a shot after all the promo and trusting the great line of creative products throughout the years, but I just had an abysmal support experience over the phone and on chat on the same day that took a big chunk out of that day. If I can't trust customer support, then I can't be a customer. 

Chat finally helped at the 2nd attempt for something that was much easier on other stock sites I've used. 

It just doesn't work for me to chase after support.

Please cancel my stock subscription as well. 

Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AlexWellBeing

Your plan is now cancelled.

Regards

Bev

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Beverley! 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you fighting Adobe. I just cancelled and am very upset with their policy(early cancellation cost). I feel really angry and upset

There seems no way to talk to anyone at Adobe to get some satisfaction. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2015 Aug 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stewart1000056

Our support team can help you switch your plan from CC + Stock back to CC on it's own - Contact Customer Care

Please get back to me if you have any issues with this.

Kind regards

Bev

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2015 Aug 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bev,

Thanks for getting back to me. I love Adobe's products, and this bit about making it easy to sign up but horrific to cancel creates nervousness over your subscription model -- making it appear subject to 'coercion creep.'

For me, going to 'contact customer care' and inputting username and password just results in an infinite loop of inputting my details, goign through the menus, which in turn return me to inputting userame and password. Telephone doesn;t work for me ,and most ludicrous of all, the chat option carries the below oxymoron, which really should be fixed:

Please advise. Tnx

Chat

24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Chat is currently closed

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2015 Aug 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry that you weren't able to connect with our Chat team.

I can process the plan change from CC + Stock to CC only.  This will create a refund for the unused days on the existing plan and a charge for the new plan (49.99 ex tax).

Please confirm if you wish to proceed.

Kind regards

Bev

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2015 Aug 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to cancel it. The photos are fine, but as it turns out after I signed up we’re going to be developing in-house Illustrator art for the foreseeable future.

Also, thanks for getting back to me by email. Waiting on the phone is a real productivity killer at my end.

Any justifiable refund is fine with me.

Well done…!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the same situation - needing to cancel the Adobe Stock portion only of my membership, but was unable to do so through the customer support link. Can you help me switch mine as well?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2015 Oct 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nicolej

There isn't an option to switch the plan you have so you would need to contact support to cancel the complete plan and then sign up again for CC only.

Sorry about that.

Regards

Bev

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2015 Oct 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just went though the same nightmare.

Just wanted to try out Adobe Stock, decided within 14 days, that I don't want it and just wanted to continue with my regular Creative Cloud subscription. But no way.

Nowhere when I signed up to Adobe Stock did it say it would affect my existing CC subscription.

The Adobe Stock FAQ clearly stated: "If you have a Creative Cloud with Adobe Stock membership, you can cancel the Stock part of the membership so that you have a regular Creative Cloud membership. "

Cancel your Stock membership

Not true. At least in my case. After spending an entire hour in the support chat it was made clear to me that there is no way for me to get rid of Adobe Stock without canceling the whole package. So in the end this is what I had to do.

Adobe must be very desperate to resort to this kind of tactics.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2015 Oct 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi splette

Sorry for the frustrating experience.  We are aware that for certain customers it's not been possible to change the plan from 'CC + Stock' to 'CC only', and the only option is to cancel and restart.  We are working to resolve this within the next few days.

Thanks for your feedback.

Kind regards

Bev

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2015 Oct 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bev, I need to cancel this plan and I'm going around without a way to do it.

can you please help me? the chat is closed at this time and it seems the forum is the only way to have any real support.

It should be as simple as allowing users to op- out, I agree, you guys don't need to lock people , you have a good product!

Thanks in advance,

miguel

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Miguel

I've cancelled your Stock plan as requested.

Thanks for trying it out!

Regards

Bev

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bev, you are a real trooper. Polite and responsive.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2015 Oct 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jill!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started