How to cancel Adobe Stock?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2015 Aug 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I signed up for Adobe Stock and now want to cancel it but keep my Adobe CC membership. In using your website, it's clear you're doing everything possible to thwart people making this request. I go around and around on the contact menus, and Adobe has artfully 'bundled' together cancellation of Stock and CC to discourage disconnection. I'm now appealing to the forum to find the way to cancel STOCK without cancelling CC. Please advise.

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 29, 2015 Oct 29, 2015
Hi MiguelI've cancelled your Stock plan as requested. Thanks for trying it out!RegardsBev

Translate

Translate
replies 304 Replies 304
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2015 Oct 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, Beverly.
I'm trying to cancel my Stock subscription as well. I love the service & selection of images, but another monthly cost in addition to paying for each individual image is not something I can afford right now. =(

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2015 Oct 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reply to post 18

Hi N.Cogsmith

Unfortunately I don't have the option to switch your plan.  I can cancel it, and you'd still have access until the next billing date (22 November) at which point you would need to sign up again for a CC only subscription.

Let me know how you wish to proceed.

Kind regards

Bev

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2016 Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Beverlay! I have the same issue as Miguel, I cannot cancel my Adobe Stock plan, could you help me too?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2016 Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are more details about my case, I would like to cancel my [Adobe Stock - 10 images a month (one-year)‎] subscription but I would like to keep my [Creative Cloud Photography plan (one-year)‎], so far I have used 10 images from the free total of 10 images and can't afford the continued.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2016 Apr 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ollerbytes

Your plan has been cancelled.

Kind regards

Bev

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2016 Apr 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also contacted Adobe customer service to cancel within a month of signing up for Stock after taking advantage of the offer to try it "risk-free within the first month. The customer service chat told me that I only had 14-days to cancel, which is not what was stated in the offer and also absurd considering there was at the time no way to cancel online but only by contacting customer service over the phone at limited hours. I spoke with a customer service representative over the phone who offered to waive the termination fee and cancel my service, but he never sent a email confirmation I requested and I am still being charged. I called again on Friday to speak with another customer service representative who offered not remedy to the situation and was not able to connect me to supervisor but offered to arrange a call back for today. I never received the promised call from a supervisor!

I would also like to note that the option to cancel through the website (which was not available when I first attempted to end my "risk-free" subscription in the first month) now offers to waive the termination fee if you continue with free service for two months—does this mean that I will not pay a cancellation fee after the end of the two months of free service? If so, why can't I just cancel now and have the fee waived? The customer service representative with whom I spoke on the phone was unable to provide a satisfactory answer. Again, Adobe seems to represent a confusingly worded offer that seems to intentionally misrepresent how the plan works.

I would like to have my plan cancelled, the termination fee waived and the two additional months for which I was erroneously charged refunded, but Adobe's customer service is impossible to contact, keeps no notes of previous correspondence and has no follow-through. I'm thoroughly disappointed and will never use another Adobe product again.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2016 Apr 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duplicate post - response posted here - Re: Adobe Stock Free Trial

Thanks

Bev

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2016 Apr 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Beverly,

I was extremely sick in bed for the past two days so I could not access my account. During the week after evaluating the product I decided not only was it not good enough value monthly but I flat out cannot afford the fee due to cashflow  and essential living cost bills to pay so I was going to cancel.  I have been charged on the 29th when I signed up on the 30th last month, I expected recurring billing to be taken again on the 30th (today it is 1.45am GMT posting this) same day every month. I have checked the sign up e-mail which contradicts the "1 month free" offer because it says in tiny, light grey font you must cancel with 14 days - 14 days is not a month trial is it??

It was not clear to me at all besides that tiny smallprint made deliberately hard to read that I would be charged 50% of annual fee (moved onto annual fee automatically, I do not recall any mention of a yearly commitment, only the monthly cost) AFTER the buy-in point (in the welcome email) so now the self-cancellation process only gives me the option of paying £119.95 cancellation fee for 10 free images as part of the trial in terms of actual services rendered, which is ridiculous, also being charged 1 or 2 days before I had expected due to the recharge date not made clear, so I did not have the a fair chance to cancel or the knowledge of the annual contract clearly presented.

In terms of how this offer is presented it is sold as 19.99 per MONTH (that is what "/" and "mo" means) with first month free with no upfront mention of the annual commitment. It is not "per month". It is £239.88 per year split across 12 months. Do not claim something is priced on a monthly basis when that is merely a fraction of a yearly basis. There is NOTHING to indicate a year at this point in the sales funnel on the main landing page Royalty free images, photos, and graphics | Adobe Stock . This is deceptive.

Screen Shot 2016-04-30 at 01.59.14.png

I would understand 1 month payment rolling contract but this is too much so I insist on a cancellation without a fee as this practice is unfair, in UK advertising standards I am quite certain it is not considered fair practice, I also received no emails or any form of notification of the upcoming renewal date or trial ending or even the payment taken which would have been courteous and given me an opportunity to evaluate the product without losing £120 on 10 photos.

The terms for this are buried here: Royalty free images, photos, and graphics | Adobe Stock

Why can't this just be printed on the offer landing page even just something like "if you do not cancel within the x days from the date or starting the trail you will be charged an early cancellation fee of 50% or £xxx the cost of your ANNUAL subscription". This is obviously (and I know why now) written to accentuate the "1 month" period and bury the commitment on a separate page with a tiny link, when combined with the offer of 10 free images to trial the product (which I've found laboursome to navigate, with poor search results especially more technical terms, slow and expensive hence not continuing)

I want to continue using Adobe CC (academic staff license) but this has made me think carefully about switching to Sketch and Affnity Photo for my needs who do not do this sort of thing. I own CS5 master collection anyway so I don't need these backhanded subscription tactics.

Either way I will file an indemnity claim with the bank as I consider this transaction unauthorised as it was made earlier than made clear to me at the time of taking on the trial of Stock.

So buyer beware (as this is 1st result on Google for "cancel adobe stock" now) you will be charged 30 calendar days after the date you are first charged and despite being advertised as a monthly plan with 1 free month you will be charged £120 cancellation fee if you decide to cancel which is NOT presented at the point of sale to suck you in. Devious indeed, don't even bother.

If you want to earn your customer's trust present the costs and all stipulations honestly and truthfully and clearly or you will lose them and they will be happy to let other potential customers to not bother, buy Sketch or Affinity Photo which are superior tools anyway (we can see this with Adobe Experience Design making a sudden appearance!!), I would be if I was not tied into an annual commitment for my CC subscription at present. It is hardly like there is no competition in this marketplace.

Please rectify this Adobe and make this sale turn-style clearer and more fair. I expect a refund of the monthly charge (which appears to be pending in my account) and a cancellation of Adobe Stock. I value customer service beyond anything and since Adobe have moved to essentially SaaS now I expect that to be their priority, I certainly hope so!

With regards,

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2016 May 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben

Thanks for your feedback.  I am sorry if it was not clear that you were signing up for one year plan, paid on a monthly basis.

The terms & conditions are presented during the sign up process.

I will arrange for your Stock plan to be cancelled and the 2nd month charge refunded.

Kind regards

Bev

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I also am trying to cancel the monthly Stock plan

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jo,

I see you have an Adobe account under the same ID as with forums.

I have checked your account details and noticed that you had signed up for Adobe Stock 10 images per month(month-month) plan on 13 Jul 2018. Currently, the subscription is in a suspended state due to payment issues.

Please note: . When you subscribe to the Adobe Stock promo offer, the first month is a free trial, Adobe doesn't charge you for the 1st month; the subscription billing actually starts from the second month.

For more information, please see Adobe Subscription and Cancellation Terms | Adobe

Please check your private message for more details.

Regards,

Twarita

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2015 Nov 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bev,

I faced the exact same issue when I tried to cancel Adobe Stock and keep the Creative cloud but was advised to cancel the entire membership and then sign up at A$49.99, when all I wanted was to be able to cancel out the add-on option of Adobe Stock and continue on my discounted membership for Adobe Creative Cloud at A$29.99

Was a frustrating experience with an obvious lack of customer care, also since I had only signed up 5 days ago. Generic replies with no intention on resolving my issue. It was a case of false and misleading advertisement on Adobe's part but I ended up losing out on what I was promised.

I went over the terms and conditions a couple of times to make sure of what I was signing up for and it very clearly stated the following - The Adobe Stock FAQ: "If you have a Creative Cloud with Adobe Stock membership, you can cancel the Stock part of the membership so that you have a regular Creative Cloud membership. "

I even posted a screenshot of another customer with the same issue to prove I wasn't the only one and I also asked to be directed to any link on the Adobe website that states that choosing an add-on such as Adobe stock changes the whole membership that to without any warning at all. Instead I kept getting generic answers and was continually told to cancel my membership.

I would like an escalation as I am not happy with the conversation I had with one of your customer representative over the chat option online.

Thank you.

Surbi Chetty

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2015 Nov 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Surbi

Please accept my apologies for the frustrating experience.  I'll look into your case and address your concerns with the agent.

We are aware that for certain customers we are unable to change the plan back to Creative Cloud only and this is being worked on.  Until then, it's necessary to cancel and sign up again for the Creative Cloud plan.

I will arrange for someone to contact you and help you sign up for Creative Cloud at the discounted price of A$29.99.

Kind regards

Bev

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2015 Nov 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bev,

Thank you for taking this case on for me. I have been in touch with an Adobe representative who has advised me he is escalating the matter to a senior team to reinstate my membership under the discounted price. I hope they can resolve this issue for me in a timely manner.

Thanks, Surbi

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2015 Nov 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is beyond irritating. The offer for 10 free images and signing up for stock images is very misleading. I had no idea I was going to be charged $49.99. It was easy to go back to my normal membership through chat, however, since I had the service for a little over 12 hours, I am only getting $48 and change back. This is not okay. It's not about the money, either. It's the principal and about the way a company like Adobe should be much more clear about what people are about to click on.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2015 Nov 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dylanr

Sorry for any confusion caused.

The first month of Adobe Stock is refunded after you sign up.  In your case you have upgraded your plan from CC Student/Teacher to CC Student/Teacher + Stock - the charge for this combined plan was $49.98 and you received a refund for $14.66 for the unused days on your original CC STE plan.

A refund for the 1st month of Stock has been processed - $29.99.

Your next bill date is 8 Dec.

It appears that your Chat conversation disconnected before any further action was taken.  If you are still looking to cancel your plan please let me know.

Thanks

Bev

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been 2 weeks since this was posted. Apparently, it's still not possible to have Adobe Stock cancelled. I wonder when this "Cancel" functionality will be enabled.

Pretty funny, "Cancelling" is a special feature that requires a special effort to implement.

Many of us feared that this is what would happen with the subscription model. Our fears appear to have come true.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

Can you please PM me with the Adobe ID which has the Stock subscription you are trying to cancel? I don't see a renewing Stock subscription associated with the Adobe ID you are using in the forums.

EBQ

EBQ

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey EvilBugQueen1,

I've PM'd you my ADOBE ID.

I've been told i can't cancel because my stock subscription is inactive due to non-payment.

Support told me the only way to cancel was to pay for this first and then cancel.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And, since ADOBE feels like they've got an upaid invoice, I'd like to know if this is going to impact my credit rating?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

Sending you a PM.

EBQ

EBQ

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the screen shot of my account after you click on the details for 

Plans & Products -> Adobe Stock -- On Demand -> Manage Plan

You can see Adobe is requesting Payment updates to continue service.

You can see an invoice for $999

When I called support at ADOBE, Support confirmed that i had this subscription, but that it was inactive due to "non payment" (Adobe's words). They told me at that time that they could not "cancel" this subscription" because it was inactive. They told me that in order to have it cancelled, I would have to pay the bill first.

I just can't believe that ADOBE offers a trial service without the Ability to cancel.

I also can't believe that different departments have completely different views about what is going on. 

I have now spent 1.5 hours attempting to cancel a "Trial" produce.

Since my account Stock account cannot be cancelled because it's inactive due to non-payment, I wonder if this is going to impact my credit rating. can you tell me?

I am also wandering, since I've recently updated my Creative Cloud subscription with a new credit card, it ADOBE is going to attempt to charge that new Credit Card for Stock subscription that I do not want.

Do I have to cancel my Creative Cloud subscription in order to get rid of this Stock subscription?

adobe2.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Michael,

That's $9.99, one penny shy of $10. I admit that the decimal point is small, but it's there.

EBQ

EBQ

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay--thanks. I agree, that invoice is 9.99.

But why does my account continue to show a red error box for Stock Photos? It tells me a need to update my credit card. Support told me that I can't cancel my "subscription" until I update my payment?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

The red box appears because the payment method associated with that on demand purchase is no longer valid. The Single On Demand item under your plans establishes your payment method if you choose to purchase additional single images. Because it is a single image there is no cancellation available for this type of purchase.

EBQ

EBQ

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started